Zucchini and eggs create these light but durable wrappers that can hold an array of savory fillings. Already flavored with thyme we also had lox and chives in this recipe to make a winning savory crepe.
4 cups/950 ml grated zucchini (about 1 pound/453 g whole zucchini)
1 egg, whisked
1 clove garlic clove, put through a garlic press or finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (10 ml)
1 tablespoon coconut flour (15 ml)
2 teaspoons tapioca flour (10 ml)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (a pinch)
3 grinds black pepper (a pinch)
Filling: Scrambled eggs, lox (or smoked salmon), chives
- Preheat oven to 450 °F/232 °C. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wrap handfuls of grated zucchini in a thin towel and squeeze repeatedly to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the egg, oil, garlic, thyme, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth, with no lumps.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini and the wet ingredients. Mix well, until completely combined.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the zucchini mixture onto the baking sheet. Use your fingers to press the zucchini into a circle 6 inches/152 mm wide.
- Repeat, making a total of 4 crepes evenly spaced out on the baking sheet until all the batter is used.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until nicely browned around the edges. Let sit until cool enough to touch, then carefully peel the crepes off of the parchment paper.
- Fill the crepes with scrambled eggs, lox, and chives, or any filling of your liking.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 788
- Fat: 49g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 58g
- Net Carbs: 22g