RESEARCH OF THE WEEK
True psychopaths aren’t all that bright .
The evolution of short sleep duration in humans may have left us vulnerable to Alzheimer’s .
The link  between the gut and hypertension.
Episode 152: Dr. Cate Shanahan Part 2 : Dr. Cate and host Brad Kearns continue the conversation from last week.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here  so you never miss an episode.
- 4 Ways to Harness Mindfulness for Health Goals 
- 11 Physical Challenges to Take This Month 
- How Long Does It Take for Fitness Benefits to Show? 
INTERESTING BLOG POSTS
Are you spending the fitness  you’ve accrued?
The case for sous vide ping pong balls .
Does a ketogenic diet increase the risk of malignant melanoma? It depends on what kind of fat you use  to make your ketones.
The potato industry sets its sights  on the ancestral health community. Haven’t they read our posts on resistant starch?
These jets don’t lag .
What Neanderthal ancestry means  for us.
New weight loss hack: salmon sashimi .
Will tech finally conquer  health care?
THINGS I’M UP TO AND INTERESTED IN
Upcoming online summit where I’m presenting: The Autoimmune Revolution Summit. If you have any interest in learning to treat autoimmune conditions with lifestyle and dietary practices, sign up today for the free event .
Contests with upcoming deadlines: Make a Primal Blueprint Recipe Video  (Jan. 22 at midnight PDT), Grokpose for $1000  (Jan. 22 at midnight PDT), What’s in Your Primal Kitchen?  (Jan. 22 at midnight PDT), Share Your Success Story  (Jan. 22 at midnight PDT).
Video I can’t describe any better: Man destroys yellowjacket nest with bare hands .
Interview I did: Discussing the books that most impacted (and impact) my life  with The Reading Lists.
Proof the future is now: In-vitro fetuses growing better  in the presence of techno music.
Concept I found fascinating: Sex as biological communication .
- Harvest duck soup . Duck deserves more respect around these parts.
- Beef tartare using top round .
One year ago (Jan 22-Jan 28)
- Interview with Simon Whitfield: Olympic Gold Medalist  – A great chat with an Olympian.
- Dear Mark: 21-Day Challenge Rapid Fire Edition Part 2  – In which I answer your questions.
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
“Thank you for the suggestions which “freak the neighbors out.” The courage and willingness to do this are (I say very sincerely) maybe the biggest foundation stone to getting healthy. Thanks again”
– I completely agree, Cynthia Weitzman . I’d even extend that to “doing anything meaningful.” Without being willing to look silly or frighten others’ sensibilities, you’ll miss out on too much.