Research of the Week
Here’s a weird promoter of neuroplasticity I didn’t see coming: allergies .
Replacing diet soda with water sped up weight loss  in obese women.
The world of virtual eating  (both taste and texture) is upon us. Don’t mind the facial electrodes.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 141: Aaron Alexander : Host Elle Russ chats with Aaron Alexander, who wears many hats: personal trainer, connective tissue specialist, Rolfer, licensed manual therapist. If you’re interested in the interplays between mind, body and movement, listen to this podcast.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here  so you never miss an episode.
- Embodiment for Emotional Health: Is Mindful Movement a Primal Key? 
- 10 Nutrient Optimizing Tips for the Primal Enthusiast 
- Why the Blood-Brain Barrier is So Critical (and How to Maintain It) 
Interesting Blog Posts
How accurate are those companies  that recommend optimal training regimens based on genetic analysis?
Maybe Ancel Keyes didn’t get everything wrong .
How infections may be the cause of childhood obesity , rather than antibiotics.
The NY Times raises questions on GMO claims about yield boosts .
In the future, we may be able to turn off the genes  responsible for nightmares.
How to handle onions .
More clues for longevity —raw eggs, cookies, remaining independent.
Things I’m Up to and Interested In
Concept I’m playing with: Sleep and wakefulness are not binaries. It’s a spectrum .
Product I wish I’d thought of: $66 (with $15.50 for shipping) frozen collard greens from Neiman Marcus . Right on time for Thanksgiving!
Articles I’m pondering: “Global chain restaurants are the future of food .”
Podcast I enjoyed doing: I got a chance to talk extended longevity with The Optimized Geek .
Podcast I can’t wait to listen to: Joe Rogan chats with Wim Hof , the Iceman.
Miscellaneous news I enjoyed: DNA testing cleared a dog on death row .
- Why haven’t I ever thought of roasting whole cauliflower ?
- It’s not really cold enough around here to warrant stew, but this slow cooker beef stew with autumn vegetables  is worth it.
One year ago (Nov 6 – Nov 12)
- Blindspots Even Informed Paleo Enthusiasts Often Have  – Are your blinders on?
- 15 Alternatives to Sitting Meditation  – No mantras or yoga mats required.
Comment of the Week
“Liver: If you’re brave enough, eat it raw as a smoothie. I add coconut milk, a handful of blueberries, and cinnamon to a half pound of liver, and blend. It’s surprisingly delicious, and without the bandaid-y flavor of cooked liver.”
– This liver smoothie recipe from His Dudeness  is legit, but I mostly want to highlight the lyrical genius of “bandaid-y.”