Enter to win my favorite things at Thrive Market . $100+ value. No purchase required. Expires July 29.
Research of the Week
Soybean oil is more obesogenic and diabetogenic  than either coconut oil or fructose. Yes, pure unadulterated fructose.
Soluble fiber might actually be more satiating than protein, according to a recent animal study .
Whole body vibration training kickstarts  hypertrophy of the patellar tendon.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 77: Mary Vance : This week’s guest turned to a vegetarian diet rich in legumes, whole grains, and soy to deal with her anemia, but things only got worse. After suffering severe hormonal imbalance and poor digestion, she enrolled in a nutritional consultant program and became acquainted with healthier — dare I say more Primal? — ways of doing things. The rest is history, the details of which she relays to you in this episode.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here  so you never miss an episode.
- The Primal Laws: 8 Honorable Mentions 
- From “The Games” to “The Cert”: The Story Behind the Grundler Brothers 
Interesting Blog Posts
Too much academic training and testing  early in a child’s life may hamper development.
What ingredients define the cuisines  of each culture?
How testosterone may also foster  social cohesion and cooperation.
Food waste in America .
On the commodification, homogenization, and degeneration of fish  in the United States.
It’s sad that this  is even necessary.
Very cool: IBM is planning  to ship traveling employees’ breast milk home.
Just what you want to see when blinking in and out of consciousness during your surgery: the surgeon checking Facebook .
A pill that cloaks gluten in egg yolk antibodies  may allow celiacs and the gluten-intolerant to eat foods containing gluten.
Researchers want half of all Americans over 40 on statins  because it would be “cost effective.”
- I like the idea of emergency meatballs .
- Wings: they’re for dinner, especially if you make ’em chili lime wings .
One year ago (Jul 28– Aug 3)
- The Case for Structure (and 6 Tactics That Can Come in Handy)  – Why structure can improve your life and how to implement it.
- The Evidence Continues to Mount Against Statins  –Perhaps they aren’t the wonder drugs so many think they are.
Comment of the Week
– In fact, my team and I have come up with a proprietary method that recreates the ancient bushcraft-version of metformin  (and keeps it over-the-counter). Stay tuned!