Meditation for stress relief doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried. Many times. On HuffPost Live, I explain what has worked for me : gratitude.
Research of the Week
People with higher biomarkers for fruit and vegetable intake have a lower risk of diabetes .
High levels of dietary pesticide exposure may reduce  semen quality.
Both being lonely and feeling lonely are independent predictors  of mortality risk.
Xylitol may be overrated  for preventing tooth decay.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 61: Abel James : He’s a speaker, a musician, an entrepreneur, a podcaster, an app developer, and a bestselling author. I hang out with Abel to talk about his new book The Wild Diet , how Thai food in Thailand differs from Thai food in the US, living (and eating) off the grid, what it was like jamming with Tim McGraw, and much more.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here  so you never miss an episode.
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Insulin Sensitivity 
- Why Some Like It Hot 
- How to Go Primal With Food Allergies and Restrictions 
- The Definitive Guide to Traditional Food Preparation and Preservation 
- How to Overcome Inertia and Get Yourself Unstuck 
Interesting Blog Posts
A nice, quick guide  to spicing your meals.
Why some food in the supermarket takes so long  to go bad.
Sugar’s back .
Red meat: not the enemy  (according to the NY Times).
Can Joel Salatin bridge the partisan rift  in this country?
An ancient Anglo-Saxon remedy for styes also kills  drug-resistant MRSA.
American kids are eating less fast food .
Humans have pretty much always  had a wide range of body sizes and shapes.
The color of lettuce determines  the speed at which you absorb its antioxidants.
An apple a day doesn’t really keep doctors away  (but it might keep them from writing so many prescriptions).
Why space is unhealthy .
- How the great Alton Brown makes dozens of hard-boiled eggs at once  (in the oven).
- Still not sure what to do for Easter dinner? This guide will help .
One year ago (Apr 6 –Apr 12)
- One True Paleo Diet Doesn’t Exist, but So What?  – There are still major trends that inform human eating patterns.
- Yes, We’re All Susceptible to Food Advertising  – If it didn’t work, they wouldn’t use it.
Comment of the Week
My takeaway: I need to breastfeed more. It’s just so difficult finding a compliant, lactating person to accommodate me. They act like my healthquest is weird.
– Yeah ! What the heck is their problem?