According to Greatist , I’m one of the top 100 most influential health and fitness people. Cool.
Portland and surrounding environs! The Primal Blueprint Transformation Seminar is coming your way  on Thursday, January 29.
I was just on the Entrepreneur Fitness podcast, where I talked about living for longevity. Go check it out .
Research of the Week
Avocados are special. Even when pitted against another diet with equal amounts of monounsaturated fat, an avocado-a-day-diet lowers LDL and small LDL .
Exercising in the sun is better for your circadian rhythm than exercising indoors (PDF ).
Prebiotics reduce the waking cortisol response and make subjects less responsivee to negative emotional stimuli .
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 49: Ask the Primal Doctor — Q&A with Dr. Cate Shanahan : Dr. Cate answers reader questions about DNA-reprogramming short sprints, DNA-damaging seed oils, the dangers of processed food, how the Lakers stay on the right dietary track when on the road, and more.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here  so you never miss an episode.
- 7 Common Calorie Myths We Should All Stop Believing 
- 20 Ways to Set Yourself Up to Succeed in Your 21-Day Challenge 
- The 10 Habits of Highly Successful Hunter-Gatherers 
- Choose Your Booze: A Guide to Healthy Drinking 
- Does 2015 Have Your Name on It? 
Interesting Blog Posts
An infographic  showing the importance of sleep for teen athletes.
Why a “technology shabbat ” is a good idea.
Whatever, NY Times . We were writing about and drinking bone broth before it was cool.
Foie gras is back on the menu  in California.
US News health experts continue to show  how out of touch they are.
Is depression an autoimmune disease ?
The newest Tough Mudder obstacle courses will use tear gas  in certain sections. What’s next, white phosphorus?
A guide  to the nutrients in pasture-raised New Zealand beef and lamb.
This looks cool: Topo , an ergonomic mat for standup workstations designed to make you move more, sit less, and vary your stance.
Grains kill, specifically targeting senior citizens .
Two men are free climbing (just hands and feet; the rope’s only there to prevent falls to their death) El Capitan in Yosemite, and they’re doing the toughest route possible and live blogging it. Check out these wild photos  of their ascent.
Would you take a pill  that tricks your body into thinking you’ve just eaten?
- Gluten-free buffalo chicken meatballs  are a nice alternative to wings.
- You may not usually feel like salad for winter, but this one’s  specifically made for the colder months.
One year ago (Jan 11 – Jan 17)
- The Backbone Ritual: 6 Movies to Get Your Back Into the Groove  – How – and why – to get your spine moving the right way.
- Why Does the Paleo Diet Continue to Receive Low Points from “Established Authorities”?  – My response to the low marks we always seem to get on these “Best of” lists.
Comment of the Week
Is the lack of availability of Primal products available for Android, due to the fact that the version names are sugar based snacks?
– Exactly it . We just can’t compromise here.