PALEOCON is here! Have you registered yet? It’s got 25+ awesome interviews with the top Paleo experts (myself included), behind the scenes at Paleo restaurants, and much more – check it out here .
Primal Blueprint Podcast news:
- Episode #3 is now available .
- All episodes are now up on the Primal Blueprint YouTube channel . You can subscribe to the channel, so you don’t miss an episode.
- It’s also now available on Stitcher  for those of you that requested this.
- If you’ve liked what we’ve done so far, consider leaving a review on iTunes . Thanks!
Research of the Week
A new open-access review  explains how manipulating carbohydrate and/or calorie intake can make radiation therapy more effective against tumors.
Got European, Asian, African ancestry? Better hope your gut flora do, too. A recent study  finds that H. pylori may only be a pathogen if it did not co-evolve with its host.
Whadya know: converting 10-20% of cropland to prairie grassland can actually reduce erosion and runoff by 90-95% . Sounds familiar, right?
Interesting Blog Posts
When it comes to premies, a mother’s touch has beneficial effects ten years down the line .
Are the hypothyroid-like symptoms people report on low carb due to low carb or low calorie ?
Are we underestimating the energetic cost of exercises like pullups, pushups, and squats? Seems we are – by about 50% .
The many stages of eating paleo .
Medicine or mass murder ? I guess some mistakes were made. What else have they gotten wrong?
Butter wins .
I’m all for eating more gelatin and reducing your sugar intake, but… wow .
Everyone knows how that one song can catapult you back in time to past memories. Watch it happen here  in a patient with severe Alzheimer’s.
Do the brains of elderly people only slow down because they’re processing so much knowledge and wisdom  – data, essentially?
Sign up for the En*theos Conference , a series of 22 talks on health, diet, and lifestyle optimization, including one I did with Jonathan Bailor on calorie counting and Primal eating (check out his new book  while you’re at it).
This seems like a decent enough training program, but I mostly just liked its name: broga .
The microbial communities living in hunter-gatherer guts look very differently from ours .
Consider tossing a couple bucks toward this documentary about the real ancestral Hawaiian diet .
I’m a big fan of Blade Runner, but I don’t necessarily want to live in that world .
- Meatloaf with a South African (and Primal) twist: bobotie . Your belly will like it.
- You should make this frittata with smoked salmon and green onion sauce .
One year ago (Jan 27 – Feb 2)
- 10 Ways to Make Your Workplace Healthier and More Productive  – When health is optimized, productivity increases. Who knew?
- Why You Should Wear (or Carry) Your Baby (at Least Some of the Time)  – The health benefits of carrying and/or wearing your baby – for you and for the kid.
Comment of the Week
Despite being a Sacramento Kings fan, I no longer hate the Lakers and even Kobe.
– Man, after what the Lakers and Kobe have done to you guys, I’m impressed !