Last-minute tickets for PrimalCon Oxnard 2013  (April 11-14) are now available due to some cancellations. Space is limited. Order your tickets today before spots run out!
Tickets for PrimalCon Austin 2013  are also available. Join us June 6-9 for an event you’ll never forget.
Research of the Week
Transfer of “lean” gut flora into the sterile guts of obese mice triggered rapid fat loss in a recent study .
They were far from human subjects, but fruit flies fed an organic diet enjoyed better health outcomes  than fruit flies fed a non-organic diet.
Interesting Blog Posts
How one Primal kid fought back against MyPlate  and came up with his own – far superior, in my opinion – version.
Seth Roberts recently explored earwax transplantations .
Logan LaPlante knows what he wants to be when he grows up : happy. What about you?
Gwyneth Paltrow may get a lot of flak for deciding not to feed her kids empty carbs, but not everyone agrees with the criticism .
“No one can fully digest gluten ,” said the Mayo Clinic doc.
Our ability to truly connect with other human beings is a physiological entity that must be trained and maintained or else wither into dystrophy, like muscle. Does excessive smartphone usage trigger empathy detraining ?
- Leafy greens are one thing conventional health advice gets right, and sometimes we need a reminder. Here’s a nice, simple, delicious recipe for German-style simmered spinach .
- Zucchini waffle sandwiches .
One year ago (Mar 31 – Apr 6)
- Is Eating Meat Ethical?  – My entry for the infamous NY Times essay contest on ethical meat eating.
- Why Fast? Part Four – Brain Health  – How skipping breakfast can impact your neurological function for the better.
Comment of the Week
This post is starting to sound like some bizarre game of foodie one-upmanship:
“The most exotic thing I’VE ever had was manatee muzzle sauteed in badger bile!”
“Oh, is that anything like camel colon smothered in snake snot?”
– For what it’s worth , camel colon is high in butyrate and snake snot is a rich source of DHA.