In a recent study , those who trained aerobics in a fasted state lost body fat and body weight, while those who trained in a fed state lost body weight but no body fat.
A scientist claims  to have created a vegetarian meat substitute that’s indistinguishable from the real thing, “even to foodies.” I’m dubious.
Are humans better suited to segmented sleep? The myth of the eight-hour sleep , and Robb Wolf’s commentary on the myth of the eight-hour sleep .
From Greatist comes another relevant infographic: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Paleo .
What to do about hungry Paleo kids . The comment section is, as always, great.
Why being sleepy and drunk are great for creativity . Hmm, I guess college students are doing it right.
For shame: nature is disappearing from children’s books . Sounds innocuous, I’m sure, to most people, but these things matter.
Real food, Ryan Gosling… what more do you need ? “I’ll start the yogurt when I get home” needs to be in a movie.
- Double bacon caesar salad . I’ve never even had the single bacon version.
- Speaking of Free the Animal, how about some pork carnitas-stuffed sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon ?
One year ago (Feb 20 – Feb 26)
- Who Should (and Shouldn’t) Try Fasting  – Is intermittent fasting right for you? Find out.
- How the News Impacts Your Health (and What You Can Do About It)  – How do our primitive minds and bodies interpret the steady barrage of unsettling, horrifying news?
Comment of the Week
After perusing this article, I feel like Homer Simpson when he visited the “Land of Chocolate” during one of his daydreams.
– What a coincidence, Chris. I was actually snacking on a schnauzer made of chocolate as I wrote the post .