Looking for your next lunch-time meal? Then look no further because our turkey bacon spinach warp is perfect for those busy work days. Our homemade spinach wraps are also grain-free, making it ideal for anyone following a paleo or primal diet.
2 plantains (aim for green or less ripe)
1.5 cup fresh baby spinach
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (plus more for frying)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
Thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
Your favorite chip or cracker
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the plantain, spinach, almond flour, oil and lemon juice.
- Pour into a bowl and whisk in the egg and salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on your stovetop over medium heat. Once hot, add 1-2 teaspoons of oil.
- Spoon out a portion of the batter and place it in the skillet. The batter will be thick so the easiest way to spread it out in a circular shape is to lightly press the dollop of batter up and down with the back of a spoon to flatten and spread out the batter into a round shape about 5-6 inches in diameter. Do this quickly so the batter spreads out before it starts cooking. After about 1 minute, the batter will be bubbly and the underside will start to brown. Once this happens, flip the wrap over and let cook until the wrap is set. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- On your wrap, layer a couple of slices of turkey, a piece of bacon, tomato, lettuce, and avocado. Drizzle the mayo on top. Wrap it up to eat and serve with your favorite chip or cracker.
You can use green or yellow plantains for this wrap. We recommend more green/less ripe plantains to keep the wrap savory and help it hold together better.
Make sure your skillet is well seasoned and there is enough oil in it before adding the batter. This will keep the wrap from sticking to the pan and falling apart.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Meal
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 264.7
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 55.1mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 62.2mg
- Net Carbs: 23.73g
Keywords: spinach wrap