This is a guest post from Kendra Cardoza, author of the blog paleopaparazzi.com .
Hey hey! Kendra here. You may know me from my blog paleopaprazzi.com  or my IG account where I post #KendrasSuperSalads . I’m SO excited to be guest posting on Mark’s Daily Apple today as this is my first time! As you can probably guess from the intro, I LOVE salads. I used to despise them before going paleo 2.5 years ago, but now I just cannot get enough of them! I live and breathe salads almost everyday! I’ve even have my husband addicted to them, yay for salads! I created a droolicious (my new favorite word) recipe using Primal Kitchen™ Mayo  and Safe Catch Tuna  that I cannot wait to share with you!
I love that Primal Kitchen Mayo  is void of any nasty additives you find in conventional mayo and is made with one of my favorite healthy fats, avocado oil. Avocado oil  has so many health benefits, and Primal Kitchen Mayo  is chock full of it! It’s a great base for salad dressings because full fat dressings actually help us to absorb vitamins like A, D, E, K and other nutrients in our salads. Fat-free salad dressings just negate the whole point of eating a salad, so go get your full fat dressing on and sprinkle it like confetti!
I also love that Safe Catch Tuna  tests every single tuna fish for mercury, making them the lowest mercury tuna of any brand. Combine these two together and you’ve got a winner winner tuna dinner!!
If you love this recipe and are craving more delicious food and health tips, come join me over at Paleopaparazzi.com  and be sure to sign up  for my newsletter so you won’t miss a thing. So, without further ado, I present, Tuna Mango Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing!
Time in the Kitchen: 25 minutes
Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
- ½ cup of Primal Kitchen Mayo 
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- Salt and pepper  to taste
- Combine and stir all ingredients together in small bowl
- Store in refrigerator while you prepare the salad
Tuna Mango Salad
- 1 can Safe Catch Tuna 
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Mayo 
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 large mango
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Mix the can of Safe Catch Tuna and tablespoon of Primal Kitchen Mayo  together in small bowl
- Store the tuna mixture in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad
- Rinse all vegetables and chop
- Peel and slice avocado
- Dry wet romaine hearts with a towel or spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water
- Divide chopped romaine lettuce and evenly distribute between 2 plates
- Add chopped and sliced vegetables to the top of the chopped romaine hearts
- Use an ice cream scooper to evenly distribute tuna mixture on top of each salad
- Top salad with the citrus poppy seed dressing and enjoy!!
This salad is so fresh and easy to make, you’re going to want it for every meal!