We couldn’t think of a better salad to close out the summer season with than this.
Simple, fresh, and sweet, it’s a perfect accompaniment to an omelet breakfast or a grilled chicken dinner, but it’s also a satisfying light meal in its own right. With just 6 ingredients (including the dressing ) and 10 minutes of prep time, you have a delicious salad (and nutrient powerhouse) on the table.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound (10 ounces) fresh spinach, rinsed & dried
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and sliced
- ¼ cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- Optional: 4 ounces crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing 
Wash, hull, and halve the strawberries.
Roll the basil leaves together and cut into think strips. Than roll again and cut the other way.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, almonds, and basil. Pour dressing  over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Profile (for full salad):
- Calories: 886
- Carb: 82 grams
- Fat: 81 grams
- Protein: 41 grams