Teriyaki is a classic accompaniment for salmon, but concerns about soy may have kept you away from enjoying this combo. No more. Primal Kitchen® No-Soy Teriyaki brings the taste to new life. Plus, it goes perfectly with this Primal- and keto-friendly Salmon Teriyaki Bowl.
2 5 oz. wild-caught salmon portions
3 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® No-Soy Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 thin orange slices
1 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil
1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. minced ginger
3 cups cauliflower rice
2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
To garnish: sesame seeds, green onion, sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF/176 ºC
- In a small bowl, combine the Primal Kitchen Teriyaki Sauce and ½ tablespoon sesame oil. Brush the salmon all over with the sauce and allow it to marinate at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Place an orange slice on top of each piece of salmon and place them on a parchment covered sheet pan. Bake until the salmon is just opaque in the center, estimated time around 15 minutes. Remove the salmon from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk the eggs together in a small bowl
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and shortly after the whisked egg. Use a rubber spatula to carefully flip the egg over once the omelet sets. Once the egg has set, remove it with the spatula, place it on a plate and cut it into make small strips.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ½ tablespoon of sesame oil and the chopped carrot over medium heat. Saute until the carrot starts to soften, then add half of the green onion. Stir for 30 seconds or so and add the garlic and ginger. Heat until fragrant and add in the cauliflower rice. Heat over medium-high heat quickly for 2-3 minutes, until the rice begins to soften. Add the coconut aminos in 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring in between so the cauliflower can absorb some of the liquid. Once the cauliflower is browned and has softened, add the remaining green onion and the chopped egg and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add any garnishes you like. Serve alongside the salmon.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 20 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Net Carbs: 13 g