Salmon burgers are the perfect dinnertime meal. Not only are they nutritious, but when made on the stovetop are a quick meal to enjoy with the entire family.
1 lb. wild-caught salmon filets
2/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
2 tsp coconut aminos
½ Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp salt
6 ounces broccoli or cabbage slaw
1.5 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
Squeeze of lemon juice
Your favorite low carb bun (we used UnBun) or lettuce for a lettuce wrap
Sliced red onion
Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the skin of the salmon away from the flesh and finely mince the salmon filet with a knife or by pulsing the salmon in a food processor. If you are using the food processor, cut the filet into large chunks, then pulse until a mince forms, but do not over-process.
- Place the salmon in a bowl along with the egg, almond flour, green onion, bell pepper, mayo, coconut aminos, black pepper, coriander, onion powder, paprika, cumin and salt. Mix to combine.
- Form the salmon mixture into 4 equal sized patties and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the patties are firm and the salmon is fully cooked, flipping once during cooking. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the slaw with the chipotle lime mayo and squeeze of lemon. You can also add extra minced red bell pepper or green onion to this mixture if you’d like.
- Assemble your burgers by stacking the salmon burger on a bun or lettuce wrap, along with sliced tomato, red onion, the slaw and more chipotle lime mayo.
Lettuce or collard greens would be excellent low carb options to wrap these burgers in, or omit the wrapping all together and just eat the burger and slaw on their own.
You can also make the burgers in a skillet on the stovetop. Heat a tablespoon or so of avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the burgers. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the burger is cooked through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty, 1/4 of slaw
- Calories: 426.6
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 389.1mg
- Fat: 27.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Net Carbs: 8.96g
Keywords: salmon burgers