Ribeye steaks get lots of love, but there’s something about a ribeye roast that makes for an unforgettable meal. Tender, juicy, marbled to perfection, it’s a main course that’s perfect for anytime, but especially a holiday table.
1 pkg ButcherBox Ribeye Roast (approximately 4 lbs.)
1/4 cup garlic. minced
1/4 cup shallots. minced
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen® Organic Spicy Brown Mustard
1/4 cup fresh thyme picked and chopped (or 2–3 Tbsp. of dried thyme)
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and rub over the ribeye roast. Wrap the roast in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Discarding the plastic wrap, place the roast on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Season the roast with additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes).
- Place the roast on the oven center rack and cook for 90 minutes (or until thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 110 ºF).
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- About 40 minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 425°F. For medium-rare, cook the roast for 20 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Let the roast rest again for 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with our chimichurri sauce for big and bright flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 110 min
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 22.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 grams
- Protein: 40 grams
- Net Carbs: 2.1 grams