When I wrote The Primal Blueprint, my vision was, perhaps, a lofty one. I wanted to see a healthier world. I wanted to illuminate the path towards greater medical independence. I wanted to help readers eat, move, lift, play, and sleep their way to the best “health insurance” of all: living in accordance with our primal genes.
And as scientific research continues affirming the benefits of an ancestral-inspired diet (while reader success stories pour in daily, echoing the same), it seems that vision is coming to fruition. Primal living is proving itself more valuable than anything that can be bottled, pilled, or scribbled on a doctor’s prescription pad. Across the globe, primal adherents are reclaiming not only their health, but their independence from pharmaceutical and medical shackles—and the number of those “system expats” is growing.
It’s tempting to kick up our heels and declare the battle preemptively won, but let’s face it: sometimes life throws curve balls, including ones that land you in the ER. Freak accidents abound. Arms and legs break. Diseases emerge from genetic mutations or prior decades of questionable habits. Stupid Mistakes happen, even if they aren’t our own (ahem—they’re never our own, right?). And so, try as we might to dodge the sticky clutches of the medical system, we’re sometimes reeled back in by necessity.
That’s why I’m excited to announce the latest, much-needed, missing-piece addition to our Primal Book family: The Primal Prescription, by Dr. Doug McGuff, MD, and Robert P. Murphy, PhD. An ER physician and economist, respectively, perhaps no duo of authors is better suited to tackle the mission of this book: equipping readers with the background, the comprehension, and the tools needed to navigate our increasingly precarious medical system. (In fact, I humbly take credit for uniting these two men as co-authors: Doug’s experience “on the front lines” in the medical field seemed like the ideal complement to Bob’s extensive work in economics. If I do say so myself, it was the perfect meeting of minds.)
Read an excerpt of The Primal Prescription
Whether you’re an economics buff, a history geek, a nutrition nerd, or simply trying to keep yourself (and your loved ones) healthy and safe, this book has something invaluable for you. The Primal Prescription is an excursion into the fascinating, oft-twisted history of American health care; an examination of the doomed economic model upon which our medical system stands; and a game plan for handling insurance, doctors, medical screening, medications, hospital visits, and virtually every other aspect of health care you’re likely to encounter in life.
In other words, The Primal Prescription fills in the medical gaps left by The Primal Blueprint, and in so doing, completes the vision I set into motion years ago. This book is a guide for deepening your autonomy and saving your health—maybe even your life.
Not convinced yet? Here’s what you can expect to learn from Doug and Bob’s masterpiece:
- How the American health care system evolved to its current incompetent state
- Why Medicare is ultimately a Ponzi scheme—and why its collapse is imminent
- Why the FDA is even more dangerous than you think
- How “health insurance” is an entirely different beast than “health care”—and why conflating the two is perilous
- Why Obamacare is, at its core, a matter of “health redistribution”
- How to change your diet and lifestyle to dramatically reduce your risk of the Western world’s biggest killers
- How to choose a doctor who will fight for your health and well-being
- How to safely wean yourself off unnecessary medications
- How to advocate for and ensure you receive the highest standard of care when you are in the hospital
- How to determine which medical screenings and elective procedures you do (and don’t) need
- And much, much more.
The beauty of The Primal Prescription is that you don’t have to enter its pages already “primally convinced” to benefit. Sure, following the 10 Primal Laws is instrumental for disease prevention—and the book elegantly reinforces that message—but this is a book you can give to your low-fat-yogurt-eating mother, your vegan coworker, your grainophile friend, or anyone else who has to interact with the medical system and is discontented with the situation.
With The Primal Prescription, Doug and Bob have given readers a truly priceless gift: a combination of life-saving education and actionable steps. Devour it—twice, or thrice; there’s plenty to absorb—and then place it on the shelf next to The Primal Blueprint. Between the two, the future of your health will thank you.
Per Mark’s Daily Apple tradition, I’ve put together a special limited-time offer for this book release. It expires on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 11:59 pm PST.
Order one or more copies of The Primal Prescription from Amazon.com in any format (Kindle, audio, physical) by Oct. 28, and fill out this form to get all three of the following bonus items delivered directly to your inbox for free:
1. Death by Food Pyramid by Denise Minger
While The Primal Prescription tackles the notorious U.S. health care system, Death By Food Pyramid exposes the erroneous science, shady politics, and disgraceful special interests that have shaped American dietary recommendations and destroyed the nation’s health. Because “one size doesn’t fit all” when it comes to diet.
Death By Food Pyramid reframes your understanding of nutrition science. It’s the perfect companion to The Primal Prescription. Instead of trusting blindly in the government’s flawed dietary and health care recommendations, you’ll learn how to take control of your own health with the guidance provided in each book.
Death By Food Pyramid has received rave reviews from both critics and readers across the world. The ANH-Intl Book review says, “Denise Minger’s Death By Food Pyramid is the ideal compass to see you safely across these choppy waters.” Ultimately, Death by Food Pyramid is about empowering you, the consumer, the eater of food, the arbiter of what goes into your mouth, to make the right choices and bypass the middlemen when it comes to interpreting science. A digital (PDF) copy of this book is yours for free with your purchase of The Primal Prescription.
2. Exclusive Access to a Live Q&A Webinar with Co-author Dr. Doug McGuff
Want to learn how to become an empowered advocate for your own health within today’s complicated, expensive, and sometimes deleterious health care system? Purchase your copy of The Primal Prescription by October 28th and gain exclusive access to a live online Q&A with co-author Doug McGuff, MD, who will teach you how to be a savvy self-advocate when it comes to your own health care. Learn how to take control of your treatment by asking the right questions, knowing your full range of options, and making informed decisions that maximize your benefits and minimize your cost. Dr. McGuff will give you a crash course on how to be the most effective patient possible so your health is always in your hands—and not in those of the ineffective, inefficient, and sometimes dangerous powers that be.
The event will be held via live streaming Wednesday, November 4th at 10:00 am PST. So grab your copy of The Primal Prescription today to receive your link to the event!
3. $10 Gift Certificate to PrimalBlueprint.com
You can use this $10 gift certificate to purchase anything at PrimalBlueprint.com. This $10 gift certificate essentially covers the majority of the cost of the book!
That’s it! Three great complementary bonus items, all for free when you grab a copy of The Primal Prescription by Oct. 28.
How to Claim These Free Gifts
Just submit your purchase receipt using this form and we’ll email you all of the freebies in no time. Don’t miss out!
- This special bonus offer ends at 11:59 pm, Oct. 28, 2015 (PST).
- All receipts must be received by 11:59 pm, Oct. 29, 2015 (PST). The forms will stop working on Oct. 30, so be sure to fill out the form and submit your pre-Oct. 29 receipt(s) by then.
- On an iPhone? You won’t be able to upload your receipt from it, unfortunately. You’ll have to use a computer.
- You will receive access to the webinar details, the eBook, and your PrimalBlueprint.com gift certificate via email within 24 hours.
- Pre-orders will be honored for all bonus offers.
- Both orders placed online (from any source) and in brick and mortar retail locations will be honored.
- Both domestic (U.S.) and international orders are eligible for the bonuses.
- All book formats are eligible, including physical books, audiobooks and digital versions (e.g. Kindle).
- The PrimalBlueprint.com gift certificate expires on November 15, 2015, and is valid for a single use on orders valued at $10.01 or more.
Prefer listening to reading? Get an audio recording of this blog post, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast on iTunes for instant access to all past, present and future episodes here.
If you'd like to add an avatar to all of your comments click here!