Transform boring egg salad with Primal Kitchen®Pesto Mayo and roasted garlic.
8 large eggs
1 head of garlic
Drizzle of avocado oil
3 1/2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Pesto Mayo
Belgian endive leaves
Dried or fresh basil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Cut off the top of a head of garlic and drizzle the exposed cloves with a little bit of avocado oil. Wrap the head of garlic up tightly in a small piece of parchment and then wrap a piece of foil around the parchment to make a sealed pouch.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cloves of garlic are softened and golden. Squeeze out about 3–4 of the roasted cloves of garlic and mash them.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot about half full of water to a boil on your stovetop. Add a pinch of salt to the water. When the water reaches a boil, carefully place the eggs into the water using a spoon.
- Allow the eggs to boil for 12 minutes, then drain the water. Fill the pot with cold water, then drain the water and fill it one more time with cold water. Allow the eggs to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel the eggs and mash them with a fork. Mash 3–4 cloves of the roasted garlic into the eggs. Add the Primal Kitchen Pesto Mayo and mash until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and a few pinches of dried basil.
- Serve the egg salad in endive leaves. Top with fresh black pepper and a sprinkle of dried or fresh basil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Net Carbs: 1g