53 and never been memed.
I have finally been memed. New blogger confession: I didn’t even know what a meme was until Claire over at Burning the Scale tagged me. At the risk of mortifying my teenagers for all eternity, I’m meming, darn it.
The way it works: In this particular meme, I tell you seven things about myself you may not know. Then I tag seven other bloggers to do likewise. You ready for this? 🙂
Facts about me:
1. I used to eat a half-gallon of ice cream a day. Every day. Seriously. For almost 10 years while I was training and racing, I craved the sugar and fat in ice cream so much that if I was out of ice cream at 11PM, I would leave the house and run down to Thrifty?s to stock up. Luckily, I got past that and today I can?t even eat a small portion without feeling like ? well ? crap.
2. I shave my legs. Yes. I have for over 25 years since I started cycling and doing triathlons. I?ll keep doing it as long as I?m fit.
3. I grew up in a small fishing village in Maine. Lived there 25 years, in fact. I worked hard to lose the accent, though.
4. My favorite book is ?Sometimes a Great Notion? by Ken Kesey. I think it is truly the great American novel.
5. I?m not a singer, but if there?s reincarnation, I want to come back as one. I once sang ?Mack the Knife? in front of 300 people in Tokyo when the first Karaoke machines were introduced. (Had no choice ? Pioneer Electronics was my triathlon sponsor).
6. I?m a big fan of the Police and am hoping to score tickets to their reunion tour this summer.
7. My latest pursuit is golf, something I never thought I’d be into. I considered it a waste of time when I was an endurance athlete; now I find that it’s a wonderful way to get out into the fresh air and meet new, interesting people. Sure is a humbling game, though.
Laurel at Laurel on Health Food
Deb at Body, Mind and Solar
Ruth at Eating Fabulous
Brian at Lose Weight With Me
Kendra at A Hearty Life
Michael at the Insomnia Blog
Kate at The Steaks Are High
[tags] meme, blogging [/tags]