A little fluffier than cheesecake, the lighter filling in this strawberry cream pie is a great complement to a dense but sweet crust that will leave graham crackers in the dust. But the best thing? It’s low-carb, Primal and even keto-friendly.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 packet (or scoop) Primal Kitchen® Vanilla Collagen Fuel
- 8 oz. organic cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. granular Swerve (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. gelatin
- 5 Tbsp. boiling water
- For crust, blend almond flour, Collagen Fuel, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add butter and mix well.
- Scrape the batter into a 9-inch springform pan. Smooth the crust mixture over the bottom and up the sides with your fingers or a rubber spatula. *Note: if crust doesn’t come together, add a little more melted butter.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet (to keep the bottom from burning), and bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF.
- For pie filling, add boiling water to gelatin and whisk (by hand/hand mixer or in a standing mixer) until completely dissolved. Add cream cheese to gelatin and whip for about two minutes. (If using a standing mixer, scrape out cream cheese mixture into a side bowl.)
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Then add vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipping cream and whip until just combined.
- Mash half of the berries, and chop the other half.
- Add the mashed berries to the whipped cream/cream cheese mixture. Using an immersion blender or mixer, blend until creamy with no lumps remaining. Add Swerve to taste.
- Pour most of the pink cream mixture into the crust. Add sliced berries to the top layer, then add the rest of the cream mixture. Chill for four hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: medium slice, 1/10 of pie
- Calories: 453
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Net Carbs: 8.7 g