A completo hot dog is the South American interpretation of the loaded hot dog. Our version includes a classic frank hot off the girl and ingredients that take it from a humble hot dog to the next-level. Plus, our keto bread baked in hot dog molds are the ideal compliment.
1 batch Keto Bread, baked in hot dog mold trays
5 grass-fed or pasture raised beef hot dogs
2 small to medium avocados
Juice from ½ lime
1/2 cup sauerkraut (you can use a store-bought version or try our homemade sauerkraut recipe)
1/4 chopped red onion
2 chopped tomatoes
Avocado oil mayo, to drizzle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the Keto Bread recipe based on the instructions and pour the bread mixture into 4-6 hot dog molds, depending on the size of the molds. Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes, or until the buns are firm and golden.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Once hot, place the hot dogs on the grill. Flip them every 30 seconds or so until they are hot and have nice grill marks.
- Cut the avocados and scoop out the inside, discarding the pit. Mash the avocado with the lime juice.
- Carefully slice the sides of the hot dog bun just enough to be able to place the hot dog in them, but not enough that they split. Nestle the hot dog in the middle.
- Spread some of the avocado mixture on top of the hot dog. Add the chopped onion, tomato and sauerkraut on top.
- Place some of the Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise in a squeeze bottle or piping bag and drizzle it all over the top of the hot dog. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition information does not account for mayonnaise.
- Prep Time: 18
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 766g
- Fat: 69g
- Protein: 25g
- Net Carbs: 6g