There’s nothing more comforting than the rich tomato flavor of a classic Italian dish. However, those regularly practicing a keto lifestyle or starting a Keto Reset Diet may wonder if homestyle Italian cuisine is out of reach. This delicious keto chicken parmesan recipe proves that you don’t have to leave your comfort food favorites behind while traveling the keto path.
2 pounds chicken breast, pounded into ½” thick cutlets
1–2.5 ounce bag baked pork rinds (we used EPIC brand)
2/3 cup fine almond flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4–1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1.5 cups Primal Kitchen Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Use a food processor or blender to pulverize the pork rinds into a coarse flour. Mix the pork rind powder in a bowl or dish with the almond flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Whisk your eggs in another bowl or dish.
- Dredge each cutlet one at a time in the egg mixture, allow the excess egg to drip off, then dredge the cutlet on both sides in the flour mixture. Set each cutlet aside and repeat with the rest of them.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet on your stovetop over medium-high heat. Once hot, place the cutlets in the pan and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to sear the chicken in batches. Don’t crowd the pan or else you won’t get a nice crust on the chicken.
- After you have seared the chicken, place all of the cutlets in the pan. Place the pan in the oven until the internal temperature of the thickest cutlet reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the roasted garlic marinara sauce on top of each cutlet and place the pan back into the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the chicken with the cheese. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Place the skillet back into the oven until the cheese is melted and browned. You can also use the broil function of your oven. Remove from the oven and top with black pepper and oregano and basil.
Serve this dish with your favorite veggie side. We like simple roasted or steamed broccoli, sauteed zucchini, kale or spinach, or spaghetti squash.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 558.8
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 1047.6mg
- Fat: 31.3g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Trans Fat: .2g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 56.4g
- Cholesterol: 203.8mg
Keywords: keto chicken parmesan