This creamy, gooey, and cheesy dinner time meal will easily transport you back to your childhood days when you wished every meal could be mac and cheese. While we don’t suggest having mac and cheese every night, this keto cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is a great option for when you’re craving that nostalgic taste.
2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into 1” pieces
1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika (or half paprika, half smoked paprika)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4–1/2 tsp salt
1.5 cups Primal Kitchen No Dairy Cheez Sauce
½ cup full fat coconut milk or other milk of choice
3 Tbs almond flour
1.5 ounces pork rinds
2 Tbs chopped parsley
2 Tbs almond flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, thyme, mustard powder and salt. Fold in the cauliflower until the spice mixture coats all of the pieces of the cauliflower.
- Lay the cauliflower out in a single layer on a baking dish or sheet pan. Roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and pour the No Dairy Cheez Sauce on top along with the milk. Stir to combine and then stir in the almond flour.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Crush up your pork rinds in a bag. Crush them so that about half of the pork rinds form a coarse powder and the rest crushed up a bit less in order to give the mixture texture. Pour the pork rinds into a bowl and combine with the parsley and almond flour. Pour this mixture on top of the cauliflower and spread it all over the top of the cauliflower.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pork rinds are golden. Allow to cool slightly and serve!
You can roast the cauliflower ahead of time if you are in a bind, and combine the sauce and cauliflower and bake before eating.
This dish would also be delicious with half cauliflower and half butternut squash. Use 2-3 cups of butternut squash cut into 1” cubes in lieu of a cauliflower.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 235.2
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 619.2mg
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 7.6mg
- Net Carbs: 8.2g
Keywords: keto cauliflower mac and cheese