On behalf of the author and the entire staff at Primal Blueprint Publishing , I’m pleased to announce the release of The South Asian Health Solution , by Dr. Ronesh Sinha . South Asians are some of the most sedentary, insulin resistant people on the planet, making India a global capital for conditions like diabetes and heart disease, with heart attack onset often significantly earlier in the 3rd or 4th decade of life. Dr. Sinha’s unique ancestral health-based wellness approach to achieving success in this very high risk population can be applied not only to South Asians living in India, the United States and across the world, but to individuals from any ethnic background. Dr. Sinha is an internal medicine physician in California’s Silicon Valley. He sees high-risk South Asian patients and runs education and wellness programs for big name corporate clients like Oracle, Yahoo!, and Genentech to name a few. He has taken patients from diverse ethnic backgrounds out of the high-risk, high body mass category and helped them reverse disease risk factors without medications.
As a member of the mainstream medical community, Dr. Sinha is playing an important role in gaining respect and credibility for the Primal approach to reversing heart disease and metabolic disease risk factors. For the naysayers that he encounters among his brethren, he simply has to pull out lab reports that show shocking improvement in blood risk factor numbers in patients who he treats primarily with dietary and lifestyle modification techniques instead of the usual blanket medication strategy. In 2013, he was a co-recipient of the Silicon Valley Business Journal with a prestigious Excellence in Healthcare award. This past September he was invited to give his first TEDx talk on culturally tailored health and healthy apps and has been invited back for a 2nd TEDx appearance this May.
We first came in contact with “Dr. Ron” at a Primal Blueprint Transformation Seminar in the Bay Area back in 2012. Ron and his wife Shally (a pediatrician who treats childhood obesity and was a contributor to the book) were in the audience and made an impression on presenter Brad Kearns with their pointed questions and insightful commentary about their real-life experiences with the danger and destruction caused by the Standard American Diet, and the success of people transitioning to a Primal approach.
As a presenter at PrimalCon Lake Tahoe, I’m not kidding when I say Dr. Ron absolutely rocked the house with his lively discussion of heart health, the medically supported benefits of Primal eating and living, and general question and answer banter. Ron’s enthusiastic personality shines through in this book; it’s an easy read filled with colorful analogies designed to help you understand – and remember – complex medical terminology and metabolic processes. It even has a special section at the end of each chapter for physicians and allied health professionals on how to implement effective lifestyle strategies for patients and clients.
Dr. Ron commented about his target audience, “This book helps readers from culturally diverse backgrounds find their own unique path to optimal health while respecting their traditions, including modified sections to help vegetarians reach their goals. The South Asian audience reflects a population who is highly educated and highly productive, but surprisingly uninformed about healthy eating and lifestyle habits. This is particularly apparent in prevailing cultural trends such as intense academic experiences for children with insufficient attention and respect for fitness efforts and outdoor play. The Primal Blueprint principles have changed my life – while diligently adhering to a US government-recommended heart-healthy low fat diet and daily exercise I unexpectedly developed metabolic syndrome and found this same standard advice to be ineffective and even harmful to many of my patients. This book is the culmination of extensive research and experience in the clinic and during highly successful wellness programs that have blended the best of modern medicine and ancestral health practices to change the lives of readers from all walks of life.”
Some key topics covered in the book include:
- The Metabolic Six-pack: Key numbers you and your doctor should monitor to keep your health in check
- The Six Cholesterol Rules: A cutting edge approach to interpreting cholesterol which incorporates the 2013 cholesterol guidelines and also includes information about indications for advanced lab and imaging tests
- A drug-free approach to reversing abnormal cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes, including tips on how to work with your doctor to achieve your goals
- Dedicated chapters on Women’s Health (includes PCOS, healthy pregnancy and weight loss for women), Children’s Health and Aging
- Dedicated chapter on Fatigue, Stress and Sleep management
- Illustrated Exercises that integrate yoga, bodyweight training, and the use of innovative exercise apps and devices
- Highly effective Nutrition advice and Recipes tailored to diverse audiences
Read an excerpt of The South Asian Health Solution:
Limited-Time Special Offer
I teamed up with Dr. Sinha to bring you this book because I believe the knowledge he has to share can be truly life-changing, regardless of your cultural background. So, per Mark’s Daily Apple tradition, and because I want you to have a copy of this important book, I’ve put together a special limited-time offer for this book release. It expires on Wednesday, March 12, 11:59 pm PST. This special offer is a two-parter:
1. Free Primal Blueprint Gift Certificate Valued at the Cost of the Book
Here’s what I’ll do: Buy a copy of The South Asian Health Solution at Amazon.com , BarnesandNoble.com , PrimalBlueprint.com  or anywhere else, in any format (hardcover or Kindle), and I’ll send you a gift certificate code in the amount of the cost of the book on Amazon at the time of this writing ($17.58) that can be used at PrimalBlueprint.com  to buy anything – more books , Primal Fuel , a Primal Essentials Kit , apparel , etc. – valued at $40 or more. In other words, I’ll effectively cover the cost of your book if you buy the hardcover from Amazon, and more than cover it if you buy the $9.99 Kindle version, with a PrimalBlueprint.com gift certificate. (See “How to Claim Your Free Gift and Be Entered to Win” and “Fine Print” below for more details.)
If you’ve been wanting to try a Primal Blueprint product, or are already a regular Primal Blueprint customer, this is the perfect opportunity: you get a fantastic new book from Primal Blueprint Publishing and your choice of anything from PrimalBlueprint.com at a reduced cost for a limited time. And hey, every book purchase helps support everything we do here at Mark’s Daily Apple. If you enjoy this free resource, if for no other reason, consider purchasing a copy today to help keep MDA going strong.
2. A Chance to Win a One-on-One Phone Consultation with Dr. Sinha
Join Dr.Ron for a one-on-one phone consultation where he will talk to you about your health challenges, give you guidance on assessing your risk factors and how to work with your physician and health care team to get you on track to optimal health. Dr.Ron sees high risk patients in his clinic and also runs wellness programs for large companies and is happy to share the most successful strategies he has used to help individuals achieve their goals, whether it’s weight loss, improving energy, managing stress or a path to possibly getting off your prescription medication.
One lucky randomly-drawn winner will receive the one-on-one phone consultation.
How to Claim Your Free Gift and Be Entered to Win
- Buy 1 or more copies from Amazon.com , BarnesandNoble.com , PrimalBlueprint.com  or any other book retailer.
- Submit your receipt by filling out this form  and you will be emailed your free gift certificate and get a chance to have a one-on-one phone consultation with Dr. Sinha.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your copy of The South Asian Health Solution  and take advantage of this special offer today!
Thanks in advance to everyone that orders a copy and participates. Grok on!
- This special bonus offer ends at 11:59 pm, March 12, 2014 (PST).
- All receipts must be received by 11:59 pm, March 19, 2014 (PST). The form will stop working on March 20, so be sure to fill out the form and submit your pre-March 13 receipt(s) by then.
- You will receive an email within an hour of submitting your receipt that will provide you with your PrimalBlueprint.com gift certificate code.
- On an iPhone? You won’t be able to upload your receipt from it, unfortunately. You’ll have to use a computer.
- The value of the PrimalBlueprint.com coupon code is $17.58 and reflects the cost of the book on Amazon.com at the time of writing this article. The cost of the book on Amazon.com may rise or fall depending on demand for the book and other factors out of our control, but the value of the coupon will stay the same.
- There is a $40 minimum purchase requirement in order to redeem the coupon. In other words, your online shopping cart must be valued at $40 or more in order to be able to apply the coupon code. (Example: If you add $42 worth of Primal goodies to your cart and use the coupon, your sub-total will only be $24.18.)
- The PrimalBlueprint.com  coupon expires on March 31, 2014, and is valid for a single use.
- Only one gift certificate and sweepstakes entry per person. In other words, whether you buy 1 copy or 10 copies, you will receive a single gift certificate and sweepstakes entry.
- A winner will be randomly selected for the one-on-one phone consultation on March 20, 2014. Only one person will be awarded the phone consultation.
- Pre-orders will be honored for all bonus offers.
- Both orders placed online and in brick and mortar retail locations will be honored.
- Both domestic (U.S.) and international orders are eligible for the bonuses.
- All book formats are eligible, including physical books and digital versions (e.g. Kindle).
- Read all sweepstakes fine print here .