It’s been busy this year with the release of several new books, but there’s one that’s been under the radar that I think you’ll be especially excited about. Remember in 2013 when I published The Paleo Primer  by Keris Marsden and Matt Whitmore? This delightful book introduced us to paleo/primal principles in the wittiest of ways, and then dished out creatively delicious primal recipes. Well with your help it went on to enjoy global success with copies published in the UK (Ebury Publishing) and Germany (Goldmann Verlag), and it’s ranked #1 in many categories on Amazon, including Paleo Diet, Low-Carb Cooking, and Exercise and Fitness. Thankfully, Keris and Matt weren’t done, and they’ve spent the last three years perfecting even more mouthwatering, primal-approved meals. And we’ve packaged them all together in The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping !
Your second helping includes:
- Healthy, great-tasting meals you can whip up with minimal ingredients, logistics, or preparation time.
- Primal-friendly recipes complete with details about macronutrients, calories, and portion size.
- The latest in nutrition science, including hot topics like gut health, the hormonal effects of food and exercise, and the Top 10 nutrition myths.
- Further guidance to help personalize meal plans and dial in your goals for fat loss or fitness.Sure, there are a plethora of paleo and primal nutrition guides and cookbooks out there, but you know my style—I’m committed to delivering something different. And what I especially love about Keris and Matt is the relaxed, humorous, and insightful way they share their knowledge and spread the primal love.
I can’t wait for you to try some of these recipes out, so I’m giving you a sneak peek of one of my favorites:
Easy Shrimp Red Thai Curry
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 lemongrass stalks, cut long ways and bashed with a rolling pin
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo shrimp
- 2 cups (500 ml) coconut cream
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Celtic Sea or Himalayan Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb (200 g) bean sprouts
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, wok, or a casserole dish, and then add the ginger, garlic, scallions, paprika, chili, and cinnamon before stirring and cooking for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the pepper, red chili, tomato purée, lemongrass stalks, zest of lime, and shrimp, and stir well, coating the shrimp in the tomato purée and spices. Then cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the coconut cream, fish sauce, and salt and pepper and stir well. Simmer for about 3 minutes before adding the bean sprouts and simmering for another 2 minutes.
4. Serve with some white rice or cauliflower rice or just enjoy on its own as we did. We actually wilted some spinach into this at the end, so feel free to give it a try, too, for some added nutrients!
While you’re cooking, take advantage of the bonus items I’m throwing in for the book launch.
Buy a copy of The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping on Amazon  before October 19th, submit your receipt , and you’ll get:
- $10 coupon for any product on PrimalBlueprint.com 
- Digital download of the Primal Kitchen Mayo eCookbook
The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping retails for $11.74 on Amazon, so the $10 gift certificate almost covers the cost. With the $10 off coupon to PrimalBlueprint.com , you can grab some PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Avocado Oil  to add some extra superfood flare to the recipes in the book.
If you’re stocked up on avocado oil, then consider buying a jar of PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Mayo  as a must-have companion to the Primal Kitchen Mayo eCookbook, which is full of delicious side dishes to complement the main courses in The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping.
Just click here to grab your copy of The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping on Amazon  and fill out this form here  to get your free bonuses.
Hope you enjoy. And let me know what you think!