I am pleased to share Primal Cravings, the latest release from Primal Blueprint Publishing. This book will be available by direct order (with some cool additional free promo items, details below) for a limited time before it is released to the general public online and in bookstores. If you already have a collection of Primal/paleo cookbooks, let’s be clear that this volume distinguishes itself from the others in a few important ways. First and foremost is the emphasis on being able to enjoy your favorite foods, period. That’s right, it’s time to bring back some of your old favorites that were banished in the interest of going Primal! As you can see on the cover, this includes a big, fat, juicy burger with all the trimmings – even the bun! Oh, how about thin mint cookies, strawberry shortcake waffles, crispy chicken fingers, and the like? Get the picture? We’re talking delicious and highly creative meal and snack options that have been expertly modified by authors Brandon and Megan Keatley to be Primal-approved without sacrificing taste or texture.
The 125 recipes in Primal Cravings are all are low-sugar, grain-free, gluten-free, and industrial oil-free. What’s more, unlike typical substitute recipes in many other paleo cookbooks, these new and original grain-free baking methods have almost exclusively eliminated the need for the typical expensive agents like almond flour and other nut flours and nut butters.
This multi-year project from the Keatleys is the product of intensive research, experimentation and perfecting recipes in their home kitchen. The Keatleys are certified CrossFit coaches in South Carolina and publishers of the popular Health-Bent.com website (check out their treasure trove of free recipes, workout tips, and motivational messages if you aren’t already familiar). In its essence, Primal Cravings sets out to provide the best of both worlds – delicious food to satiate our deep seated, visceral urges, made with ingredients that satisfy our ancient genetic needs for good health. Inside you’ll find assorted breakfasts, meat and main dishes, sides and salads, snacks, sweets and basics like bread, sauces, and dressings.
Primal Cravings is also a pleasant read. The recipes are presented in a simple, clear, easy-to-navigate format, with vibrant photos and detailed macronutrient analyses of each preparation. In addition to the recipes, bonus features include:
If you’ve been missing or looking for healthy, innovative ways to make breakfast egg dishes, waffles, pancakes, muffins, burgers, chili, pizza, chips, baked goods (cakes, pies, cookies, crackers, brownies) and frozen desserts; or global cuisine like gyros, spanakopita, moo shu, barbacoa, tacos, tikka masala and other favorites, Primal Cravings will open up a whole new world of pleasurable, Primal-approved possibilities.
Check out the following selection of photos for a taste of what the book has to offer (click “Play Again” if it has come to an end), and view an excerpt of the book at PrimalBlueprint.com.
Per Mark’s Daily Apple tradition, I’ve put together an
exciting limited-time offer for this book release. It expires on Monday, Jun. 3, 11:59 pm PST.
THE SPECIAL OFFER PERIOD HAS COME TO AN END.
1. $5 Off the Cover Price – Knowing that upon mass release next month online retailers will aggressively discount off the cover price, I am doing the same here, lowering the $34.95 cover price to $29.95 only for the duration of this promotion.
2. The Primal Blueprint “I’m an Offal Chef!” Apron ($20 value) – Keep tidy while you’re cooking your healthy Primal meals and look stylish doing it in this Primal Blueprint apron. The tagline “I’m An Offal Chef!” is a fun play on words that is sure to elicit some chuckles, and maybe even some questions about what it means to be Primal. I sure had fun with it last holiday season.
This apron has an adjustable neck strap to suit all shapes and sizes, and comes in a durable polycotton fabric that is built to last. With all the time you’ll be spending in the kitchen with this new book, I’m sure this bonus item will serve you well.
3. 30-Minute Podcast Interview with the Keatleys – In a 30-minute podcast with Primal Blueprint Publishing Managing Editor Brad Kearns, the Keatleys detail how their partnership took shape as they bonded – and argued! – over food, and plunged enthusiastically into the Primal movement as cooking enthusiasts; some insights on fitness (and how healthy eating supports performance and recovery) from their experience as CrossFit coaches, and some freewheeling commentary about the book itself that will enhance your appreciation for who they are and the heart and soul effort that became Primal Cravings.
4. Single Serving of Primal Fuel – In the nearly three years that Primal Fuel has been available, thousands of people have tried it, and if the daily emails I receive from happy customers are any indication, nearly everyone absolutely loves it. Some prefer the delicious Vanilla Coconut Cream variety, others the decadent Chocolate Coconut. I’m more of a chocolate guy myself, so I have a Primal Fuel chocolate shake regularly for breakfast, when I’m on the road and to curb the odd sweet tooth I might get.
I’m confident that once you taste Primal Fuel and take a look at the short list of healthy ingredients on the label (nutritious fats from coconut milk, the gold-standard version of whey protein, just enough sugar to be tasty and Primal at the same time, and prebiotics) that you’ll love it, and it will help you get and stay Primal. For those reasons, and because it’s a great way to satisfy Primal cravings I’ve included it in this bonus package. If you’ve been wondering about Primal Fuel, this is the perfect opportunity to see what it’s all about.
If you’d prefer to get a full 30-servings of Primal Fuel with your copy of Primal Cravings instead of just a sample of Primal Fuel, this bonus package for you.
1. FREE copy of Primal Cravings
2. The Primal Blueprint “I’m an Offal Chef!” Apron ($20 value)
3. 30-Minute Podcast Interview with the Keatleys
4. Primal Fuel Blender Bottle ($8.95 value)
Many thanks to everyone that purchases one or more copies of Primal Cravings over the next few weeks. The Keatleys, the entire Primal Blueprint team and I appreciate your support and hope that this new book will touch your lives just as Mark’s Daily Apple and previous Primal Blueprint books may have in the past. Grok on!