Grilled chicken tossed with crisp lettuce, cucumber, and red onion plus tangy cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives makes an amazing Greek salad when everything is doused in PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Greek Vinaigrette .
It’s not only the zesty, herbal flavor that’s amazing. PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Greek Vinaigrette is also amazing because it’s packed with healthy and nutrient-boosting avocado oil  and high-ORAC  oil of oregano.
It’s shocking how many jars of bottled salad dressings are filled with ingredients  that can cause weight gain, spiked blood sugar and high triglycerides. But not PRIMAL KITCHEN™ salad dressings. The Greek Vinaigrette is super-healthy and has a savory blend of Greek flavors (vinegar, oregano, coriander, marjoram, lemon) that can be used to both dress salad and marinate meat and seafood.
In this recipe, chicken breast is marinated in PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Greek Vinaigrette, then skewered and grilled. The chicken is tossed with a Greek salad that’s lightly dressed with, you guessed it, PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Greek Vinaigrette. All the flavor and seasonings you need for this meal are poured out of one Primal and Paleo approved bottle.
Time in the Kitchen: 45 minutes
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (43 g)
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette, http://primalkitchen.com/products/greek-vinaigrette/plus more to dress salad (120 ml)
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, halved or quartered (400 g)
- 1 pint/13 ounces cherry tomatoes (400 g)
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives (130 g)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
Toss the raw chicken with the Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette. Let marinate 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
While the chicken is marinating, assemble the rest of the salad. In a large bowl or on a platter, layer the romaine lettuce, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives and red onion. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers. Heat the grill to medium-high and oil grate. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 – 14 minutes.
Toss the salad with desired amount of PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Greek Vinaigrette. Slide the chicken off the skewers and toss with the salad. (The chicken can be served warm or cold.)