Our gluten-free graham crackers are the perfect base for making homemade s’mores. These easy-to-follow steps will have you with a batch of graham crackers in no time. Plus, our recipe is also paleo and Primal-friendly.
1/4 cup melted salted butter
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 cup fine almond flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
For the S’mores
6 marshmallows of choice (see note)
1 bar of your favorite dark chocolate (choose a brand with low sugar, ideally 85% cacao or higher)
- In a bowl, combine the butter and maple syrup.
- Pour in the almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, flaxseed, coconut flour and cinnamon.
- Mix together and allow the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius). Form the dough into a ball and place it between two pieces of parchment paper. Use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten the dough out into a thin rectangle. The dough should be very thin, no more than 1/8” thick.
- Use a sharp knife to outline a rectangle in the dough, then cut rectangular crackers within the larger rectangle. Don’t worry about cutting all of the way through the dough or separating the crackers you’re cutting. As long as the crackers are scored, they will break into crackers easily after baking. Use a fork to prick 3 to 4 sets of dots across each of the rectangular crackers.
- Take the remaining leftover dough that you cut away from the rectangle and repeat to form more crackers if there is enough dough.
- Bake the crackers at 325 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the edges of the crackers are golden. The crackers can go from golden to burnt quickly, so keep an eye on them. Allow them to cool prior to cutting them into pieces.
- Press your marshmallows onto metal skewers and roast them to your liking. Bonus points if you have a fire pit or somewhere outside to get them nice and toasty, but toasting them carefully on a gas stovetop will also do the trick.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the cracker and chocolate stack and then place the second graham cracker on top of the marshmallow. Press down gently to encourage the marshmallow and chocolate to melt together.
If your marshmallow isn’t hot enough to melt your piece of chocolate, you can place a piece of chocolate on top of one of your graham crackers and place them in the oven for a minute or so to soften.
The macros were calculated using Smashmallow® marshmallows. If you want, you can also make homemade marshmallows using our recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 5g
- Net Carbs: 15g
Keywords: s'mores, gluten-free graham crackers, marshmallows