Whether you’re having friends over for dinner or you’re short on time on a weeknight, garlic balsamic glazed chicken is a simple no-fuss meal that you can serve with virtually any side dish.
This one-pan chicken dish is the best of all worlds: quick, easy, and delicious! The recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes and will become your new go-to recipe for turning boring chicken breasts into something scrumptious the whole family wants to eat.
Tips for Cooking Juicy and Flavorful Chicken Breasts on the Stove Top
- Pound the chicken breasts so they’re around 1/4-inch thick, ideally. This lets them cook quickly but stay super moist and juicy.
- Depending on the type of broth and coconut aminos you use, you may need to add a little additional salt at the end of cooking.
- Lightly crush your garlic before slicing to release its fragrant compounds.
Let’s get started.
One-Pan Garlic Balsamic Chicken Skillet Recipe
Time in the kitchen: 15 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Olive Oil 
- 5 clove sliced garlic
- 3.5 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen® Balsamic Vinegar 
- 2-3 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 1.5 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- More fresh basil
Pound the chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment using a meat mallet until they are uniform in thickness, about 1/4-inch thick. Season both sides of the breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the sliced garlic and stir until the garlic is fragrant. Place the chicken breasts in the pan and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
Add the balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos. Bring the mixture to a boil, then flip over the chicken again and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Add the broth, tomatoes, and sliced basil, and give the pan a gentle shake. Continue cooking over medium heat on the stovetop, turning the chicken every minute or so to coat it in the balsamic mixture. Add a small amount of extra broth as needed to keep the skillet from drying out.
Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the tomatoes are soft. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Nutrition Info (serves 4):
Total Fat: 13g
Total Carbs: 6g
Net Carbs: 5.5g
Simple Side Dishes for an Easy Weeknight Meal
Pair delicious garlic balsamic glazed chicken with one of these side dishes for a quick, healthy meal:
- Mashed Parsnips 
- Cheesy Keto Biscuits 
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds 
- Ranch Cauliflower Mash 
More Easy Chicken Recipes from Mark’s Daily Apple
- Green Goddess Chicken 
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Cauliflower Rice, Olives and Feta 
- Devyn’s Grilled Marinated Chicken  (with video!)