The last couple weeks I’ve grilled up some great Primal+keto meat dishes: steak  and marinated chicken . But I’m a big believer in above ground, non-starchy vegetables for a Primal and keto diet. One of the things I love about this recipe is that it shows how vegetables—even cooked ones—never need to be a bland afterthought. These mixed peppers and onions are flavorful all on their own, but the seasonings and dressings turn this into a great side that will hold its own against any meat dish.
Tex-Mex Fajita Veggies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen® Italian Dressing 
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ lime
Preheat oven to 425º.
Place all sliced veggies on a sheet pan. Toss with Italian Dressing  and seasonings.
Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Remove from oven and toss with lime juice.
- Calories: 292
- Total Carbs: 17 grams
- Fat: 49 grams
- Protein: 4.7 grams