A blend of Cajun spices coat these salmon burgers, adding gentle heat to the flavorful, crispy blackened crust. These are pure salmon—no eggs, breadcrumbs or other fillers are needed to hold the juicy burgers together.
When looking for a new way to prepare salmon, don’t forget about burgers. Salmon burgers don’t take much longer to make than a salmon fillet, especially since the cooking time for burgers is only about 5 minutes. Served over salad greens with your favorite dressing , or a dollop of mayonnaise  on the side, salmon burgers are a tasty way to get your omega-3s .
Servings: 4 burgers
Time in the Kitchen: 25 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless salmon cut into 1-inch/25 mm cubes (453 g)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt (3.75 ml)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (10 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (1.25 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (1.25 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (1.25 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (1.25 ml)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (10 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (2.5 ml)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Avocado Oil 
- Dollop of PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Mayo 
Place 1/4 of the salmon pieces in the food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Add the rest of the salmon, the green onions and salt. Pulse several times until the salmon pieces are about 1/4-inch/6 mm in size. Be careful not to over-process the mixture, the texture should remain a little chunky. If the texture becomes too smooth, the salmon won’t hold together into burger patties.
Shape the salmon into 4 patties.
In a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne, thyme and oregano.
Sprinkle the spice mix over each side of each burger, patting gently with your fingers so the spices stick to the salmon.
Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 2 minutes per side, then lower the heat and add a lid for 1 minute more until there is no raw, dark pink salmon in the middle. The burgers can also be grilled, just make sure the grates are clean and well oiled so the burgers don’t stick.
Serve Cajun salmon burgers with a dollop of mayonnaise. You can use a side of original PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Mayo , or mix it with lime juice and/or smoked paprika.