Boy, oh, boy am I excited about what this next month holds for MDA readers. This year’s 30-Day Challenge (September 7 – October 6) will be all about aligning your lifestyle behaviors with each of the 10 Primal Blueprint Laws. There will be contests and giveaways each day. I’ve lined up some great sponsors this year. I’ll save most of the details for next Tuesday (come back from Labor Day weekend ready to get Primal!) but I will say this: I’ll be giving away an entire cow courtesy of U.S. Wellness, an assortment of unwieldy (and wieldy) Primal fitness gear, Primal foods, Primal toys, and maybe even a Grok spear, totaling over $10,000 in value. And see below for today’s pre-challenge contest.
You don’t have to sign-up to take part in the challenge. Everyone is welcome. But there are a few things you can do to prepare…
How to Prepare for the Challenge
1. Commit to change: Make the decision right now to make this 30-Day Challenge your jumping off point for lifelong health and well-being. The MDA community and I will be right there with you – with support and encouragement – as we collectively attempt to do right by our genes and live the healthiest, happiest lives with the least amount of pain, suffering and sacrifice possible.
2. Set an alarm: You won’t want to miss a single day of the action, so set a reminder to visit MDA each day. Some contests will have short deadlines, so if you want to enter show up early and often.
3. Gather equipment: While some contests will be as simple as leaving a comment, others will require a bit of legwork. Have your cameras locked and loaded. Borrow a camcorder. And if you want to win that cow, you’ll need to either have or make some friends. Speaking of which…
4. Organize your friends and family: Rally your coworkers, and tell your relatives at the labor day barbecue this weekend. Use this event as a way of coaxing stubborn Aunt Bess to finally give up the diet RC Cola and SlimFast bars and start enjoying real food, like fresh Alaskan Salmon (which I am not yet at liberty to say whether or not will be one of the prizes. Okay fine, it will).
6. Grab your own Primal Leap kit: There is no better time than now to take control of your health and start living Primally. While the 30-Day Challenge will provide daily motivation and tips to help kick start your Primal life, The Primal Leap provides step-by-step guidance, one-on-one support, guaranteed success and much, much more. There’s still time to get your Primal Leap kit in time for the Challenge, so order today.
Pre-Challenge Contest (It’s a Double Contest, All the Way!)
Why wait until next Tuesday to start winning stuff? Today’s contest is so easy a caveman could…. it’s super easy. Visit U.S. Wellness here and sign up for their newsletter. In addition to special discounts, meaty recipes and updates on this family farm, you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift certificate good for any Primal product(s) on PrimalBlueprint.com. Everyone is eligible. You have until the end of Friday to enter.
Mark Sisson is the founder of Mark’s Daily Apple, godfather to the Primal food and lifestyle movement, and the New York Times bestselling author of The Keto Reset Diet. His latest book is Keto for Life, where he discusses how he combines the keto diet with a Primal lifestyle for optimal health and longevity. Mark is the author of numerous other books as well, including The Primal Blueprint, which was credited with turbocharging the growth of the primal/paleo movement back in 2009. After spending three decades researching and educating folks on why food is the key component to achieving and maintaining optimal wellness, Mark launched Primal Kitchen, a real-food company that creates Primal/paleo, keto, and Whole30-friendly kitchen staples.