Complete, throughout the course of an hour-long walk:
20 Handstand Pushups
Climb Something, Twice
5 Short (30-ish meter) Sprints
Find Something Heavy to Carry for Seven Minutes
Warmup: 30 second Grok Squat , lateral, forward, and backward leg swings (10 each leg).
I wrote about the concept of a walking workout  a couple years ago, but this time I’ve tried to structure it more concretely. You’re free to operate as you wish within the requirements, but you still gotta hit the numbers. I gave this one a shot earlier this week and had a lot of fun with it. Not overly tough, but I still feel I got a great workout.
There’s not much more to say. It’s all fairly self-explanatory, don’t you think?
“Climb Something” – Trees are ideal, but tall fences, walls, light posts, and anything that you can scale safely and effectively will work.
“Find Something Heavy” – Think rock, log, bag of groceries. You might have to bring something with you from home.
Have fun and choose whichever rep scheme you want!
A few things to remember:
- Scale your workout according to your ability. You might end up doing feet-assisted pullups and knee pushups, and that’s totally fine.
- Enjoy yourself. Walks are to be savored, so try not to obsess over the workout part of it and miss the joy of simply walking.
- Weird looks from confused passersby are okay and to be expected.
- Get those shoes off (or those Vibrams on!)!
Increase the difficulty by wearing a weight vest or carrying a heavy weight. Just realize that you’ll have to carry that weight along with you the entire time, and it doesn’t count as the “Find Something Heavy” aspect.
What Are WOWs?
- Workouts of the Week (WOWs) are an optional component of Primal Blueprint Fitness  that add a fractal and often fun and playful quality to the basic PBF protocol.
- In most cases WOWs should only be completed by those that have mastered Level 4 of each Lift Heavy Things Essential Movement. Also, it’s recommended that WOWs replace one or both Lift Heavy Things workouts or the Sprint workout (depending on the WOW) each week instead of being done in addition to the Lift Heavy Things and Sprint workouts.
- Learn more about WOWs and Primal Blueprint Fitness by getting the free eBook . And access all Workouts of the Week in the WOW Archive .