Warmup: A couple rotations of the Grok Squat.
This is an oldie but a goodie. All you need is a small patch of floor space and your bodyweight to perform this WOW. There is no equipment and little space required, so it’s perfect for a quick, impromptu workout while on the road or when you want to stay indoors, out of the harsh fall and winter elements.
Give it a shot, record your time and list it in today’s comment board to compare with others. Just finishing 100 burpees is an accomplishment in itself, but if you’re a fit individual and would like a goal to shoot for I’d recommend attempting to do it in under 10 minutes. Sub-4 minute times have been recorded.
This is a challenging WOW and may not be for everyone as prescribed. Luckily, there are ways to customize this WOW. See the variations below for ways to adapt this WOW to match your fitness level and goals.
*How to Perform a Burpee (with Pushups/Jumps): Drop down into the squat position. Place your hands on the ground about shoulder width apart while simultaneously jumping your legs back so that you are in the standard pushup position. Perform a pushup. As you come up from the pushup jump your legs forward so that you are back in the squat position. From the squat position jump straight up so that your feet leave the ground and your arms come up over your head. Here is a decent video example.
There are numerous ways to make this WOW easier:
- Decrease the volume. Instead of 100 burpees for time attempt 50 or 30 burpees for time.
- Instead of regular pushups do knee pushups.
- Skip the jump and/or pushup, so the movement only includes the squat and plank.
What are WOWs?
- Workouts of the Week (WOWs) are an optional component of Primal Blueprint Fitness that add a fractal and often fun and playful quality to the basic PBF protocol.
- In most cases WOWs should only be completed by those that have mastered Level 4 of each Lift Heavy Things Essential Movement. Also, it’s recommended that WOWsreplace one or both Lift Heavy Things workouts or the Sprint workout (depending on the WOW) each week instead of being done in addition to the Lift Heavy Things and Sprint workouts.
- Learn more about WOWs and Primal Blueprint Fitness by getting the free eBook. And access all Workouts of the Week in the WOW Archive.