New Year’s: it’s one of my favorite holidays – and not just because it has the best parties. It’s the concept of possibility, of change, of transformation. (You’ve heard me talk about that, right?) You see, in a health culture that seems hell bent on standing by milquetoast moderation, I’ve hung my hat on something bigger. I’d say more hopeful. Although massive change can begin any day, the message of New Year’s, I think, gets all of our attention. Even if we take a somewhat curmudgeonly, skeptical view the rest of the year, it’s hard to not be moved by the collective celebration all focused on the sole theme of conversion. It’s exactly the thrust of my mission here. I know it’s my passion and life’s work – transformation.
Long ago when all this began, I set out to help 10 million people with the message of Primal living. By some measures, I’ve already achieved that, but I’m all about crossing every finish line to be sure. And if a few extra hundred thousand (or more) are helped in the surge toward those alternative metrics, I’ll take it. The fact is, the more change we see, the more motivated we are to keep going. Every success story , every letter, every personal anecdote in the comment board or conversation at a Primal event  spurs my interest in continuing. I’ve never been more convinced that people need an alternative path to the conventional wisdom  that leads them away from the possibility of genuine health, longevity  and vitality . The higher the numbers climb for obesity and lifestyle related illness, the more I believe in the necessity of the message and this community as a model of good Primal sense and truly optimum health and well-being.
The New Year offers, in some sense, capital for personal change. It comes with its own energetic motivation, its own contemplative structure and its own collective momentum. How are you going to use that capital this year? How can it encourage you to reclaim your most vitalized self, your optimum life?
Think for a few minutes… Beyond the geographical conditions of sub-zero temps (Yes, I feel you Upper Midwest – I’m from Maine after all.), where would you love to be at the end of 2014? How could life be better? How could you feel more alive and in control of your health? What would you like the energy and vigor to tackle this year? What do you wish were possible for your body, your blood markers , your life satisfaction? That vision you conjured – you deserve it. Why would you accept anything less? Now grab it. Make it your intention. Make it your resolve . Put it up twenty different places in your house if you have to. Put it here to make a public statement. Make it your motivation each day, and celebrate every day and choice that will get you there.
With all this in mind, let me present the salient question for the day. What can Mark’s Daily Apple do for you? What Primal resources could be of use or interest to you? What communal or personal support do you think can get you where you want to go? It’s exactly what keeps me coming back each day after all. Let’s take a look at a few examples….
If you’re a newbie and just getting started, these free resources can get you going along the Primal path.
- Begin with Primal Blueprint 101  and How to Succeed with the Primal Blueprint .
- Read as many of the 4000 free articles on the Archives  page as your eyes and time will allow.
- Subscribe to the MDA newsletter  to enjoy a myriad of free e-books to help you on your PB journey.
- Connect with other readers in the forum  to see how other people are living Primal, ask questions, and enjoy feedback and encouragement.
- Email me  anytime.
If you’re new (or not!) and are looking for a workout plan, I have just the thing.
- Get our Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book  by subscribing  to the MDA newsletter.
- Use archived Workouts of the Week  for workout inspiration.
If you need help with meals, we got ‘em!
- Get the Primal Blueprint Meal Plan  delivered to your inbox
- Check out one (even better – all!) of the Primal cookbooks . (You save 25% when ordering three or more books, and all domestic orders get free S&H.)
- Peruse the hundreds of Primal recipes  on the MDA site.
- Print out our Primal “grocery shopping list” found on the shopping list page 
- Give Primal Fuel  a try.
If you’re ready to dig deeper and challenge yourself, consider these resources and ideas for your next step.
- Take the 21-Day Challenge .
- Purchase the The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation  book for a full detailed plan to get you through 21 days of meals and activities. Alternatively, you can pick up a copy of the original The Primal Blueprint .
- Check out our Primal Blueprint Starter Kit .
- Delve further into the Primal library  of books selections.
If you could use more detailed or individual guidance, consider these programs/services.
- Try the 21-Day Transformation Program .
- Take advantage of our Personal Coaching  programming.
If a live event is more your speed than reading a book, why not join in?
- Attend one of the many Primal seminars  being held across the country this year. (Check back for added dates/locations in coming months.)
If you want to be inspired, meet your fellow Groks, and have a vacation/retreat to remember for life, I’ve got that, too!
Tell me – am I missing something?? When I look back not too many years when I began this blog, I had no idea where it would lead. I knew I had a message I wanted to share because it had changed my life for the better. These days I look at the enormous and incredible community that has built up around it, the inspiring examples and now Primal Publishing authors  who have contributed to the vision, and it never ceases to amaze me. Every element we’ve added has unlocked some new avenue of support – and social connection – for the Primal community, and so many of those ideas begin right here from you, our readers. You’re driven by your own Primal pursuits and the interest you have in deepening the challenge or support in that journey. Whatever your questions or ideas, I want to hear them. The entire MDA team (as well as the outstanding MDA reader community!) are here for you. Don’t ever hesitate to contact us with whatever assistance or answers you’re looking for. As for me and the bees in 2014, we have plenty of big plans for the year. Look for announcements to come in the next few weeks…
For right now, I’m interested in kicking off the New Year here with your thoughts and goals. Tell me about your resolutions. What are you aiming for in 2014? How do you want your life to be different – better (because that’s the point, isn’t it?) – by the end of 2014? How big and bold are you going? What step will you take, and what meaning do you want it to have for your personal health and overall vitality?
In keeping with those interests, what would you like to see from MDA this year? Let us know what ideas would be helpful to you in your process (e.g. new site feature, new product, new book, service or event). I’ll look forward to reading everyone’s resolutions and feedback.
Happy New Year, everyone, and Grok on!