Are we “safing” our children to death? Lenore Skenazy, author of Free Range Kids , writes an incredible piece for Salon about the war on childrens’ playgrounds . (thanks for the find, Hunt. Gather. Love. )
Can bacteria make you smarter ? Discovery News has the answer.
Bug time. Watch National Geographic‘s insect eating video . They hit you with the money shot 13 seconds in.
Grow some tomatoes . Upside down. (not you, the tomatoes)
World of Mysteries posts an incredible pictorial of sugary drinks next to their food equivalents . I wouldn’t agree with the “drink this instead” choices. But the pictures are just too stunning not to link.
Walking on a water … The next great sport or just a bunch of dudes charging into a lake?
- The Bacone ?! I wouldn’t call it Primal, but I must respect the diabolical creativity.
- Nutty Kitchen‘ makes a coconut ginger salmon  that puts most other salmon recipes to shame. To shame.
- Visit Mary’s Kitchen Adventures for a lamb, orach, and cashew soup . The cashews aren’t 100% Primal, but the soup is 100% delicious.
One year ago (May 23 – 29)
- 99 Ways to Save Money on Food  – Don’t shop hungry, buy in season, dumpster dive… just a few of the handy money-saving food tips from this epic list.
- WTF?… Where’s the Fat?!  – How does fat free mayonnaise even exist? Uncover the mystery here.
Comment of the Week
I got my cookbook, I was so excited! I read it from cover to cover and can’t wait to try every recipe. I think I’ll do a “Julie & Julia” number on it, and go through the entire cook book and make everything in the entire book!
The book is beautiful!
– Louise from Announcement: New Recipe Theme for the Cookbook Contest