Are we “safing” our children to death? Lenore Skenazy, author of Free Range Kids, writes an incredible piece for Salon about the war on childrens’ playgrounds. (thanks for the find, Hunt. Gather. Love.)
Can bacteria make you smarter? Discovery News has the answer.
Bug time. Watch National Geographic‘s insect eating video. They hit you with the money shot 13 seconds in.
Grow some tomatoes. Upside down. (not you, the tomatoes)
World of Mysteries posts an incredible pictorial of sugary drinks next to their food equivalents. I wouldn’t agree with the “drink this instead” choices. But the pictures are just too stunning not to link.
Walking on a water… The next great sport or just a bunch of dudes charging into a lake?
- The Bacone?! I wouldn’t call it Primal, but I must respect the diabolical creativity.
- Nutty Kitchen‘ makes a coconut ginger salmon that puts most other salmon recipes to shame. To shame.
- Visit Mary’s Kitchen Adventures for a lamb, orach, and cashew soup. The cashews aren’t 100% Primal, but the soup is 100% delicious.
One year ago (May 23 – 29)
- 99 Ways to Save Money on Food – Don’t shop hungry, buy in season, dumpster dive… just a few of the handy money-saving food tips from this epic list.
- WTF?… Where’s the Fat?! – How does fat free mayonnaise even exist? Uncover the mystery here.
Comment of the Week
I got my cookbook, I was so excited! I read it from cover to cover and can’t wait to try every recipe. I think I’ll do a “Julie & Julia” number on it, and go through the entire cook book and make everything in the entire book!
The book is beautiful!
– Louise from Announcement: New Recipe Theme for the Cookbook Contest