Don Matesz of Primal Wisdom provides a nice summary of a 2009 clinical study. The gist? A “practically paleo” diet “has similar metabolic effects to caloric restriction, without the restriction.” Who’d’ve thunk it?
Have a Droid? The Android Guys review the Mark’s Daily Apple droid app. And don’t worry iPhone folks, an MDA iPhone app is in the works!
Food allergies are like a**holes. Everyone has one… Or do they? Food allergies, not the… you know what I mean. NY Times reports on the doubts cast on food allergy claims.
Precision Nutrition provides a solid argument for why liking something isn’t always a good reason for doing it (gasp!).
Finally, it looks like I should have some Grok stickers printed up for all the Grok stars out there!
- Get a load of Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls in the Mark’s Daily Apple forum.
- Nutty Kitchen makes a quick and easy Primal Meat Sauce with portobello mushrooms, coconut oil, grass feed beef and spices.
- Free the Animal gives us Carnitas with Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Apples.
One year ago (May 9 – 15)
- The Definitive Guide to Conventional Wisdom – Learn what it is. Then start changing it.
- Unleash Your Inner Grok – Going Primal is about so much more than eating the right foods. Get into a Grok state of mind.
Comment of the Week
The Primal Blueprint is full of “FRACTICAL” (Fractal + Practical = FRACTICAL) hedges against the bombardment of linearizing forces in our lives in modern times. I’m thankful for that.