If I ran network television, I’d fill up all the prime time slots with TED speeches. You’ll find a couple gems this week in Jamie Oliver’s food speech and Daniel Kahneman’s discussion of two versions of happiness.
What does a Primal kitchen look like? Mike Meire at Apartment Therapy bends the norm to create the Farm Project Kitchen.
Weight Watchers and McDonald’s are teaming up; what a perfect match! Now you can eat McNuggets and watch your weight… go up.
What do G.I. Joe, Mr. T, and the New Kids on the Block have in common? They’re all coated with high fructose corn syrup! Now That’s Nifty rounds up almost a hundred retro breakfast cereals – the stuff that kids have been raised on for years. Here’s part 1, part 2, and part 3.
- Yes, you can absolutely use coconut in your enchiladas, according to Son of Grok.
- Girl Gone Primal makes chicken liver pate. Warning: Bacon is involved.
- Food Renegade teaches you how to make beef broth. Start by melting cow bones.
Two years ago (February 28 – March 6, 2008)
- Dear Mark: Vegetarian Protein Possibilities – If you just won’t eat meat, here are a few ways to get protein (note, fish is on the list, I’m not sure what kind of vegetarian you are, but I implore you to be the fish eating kind)
- Getting Canned: Is Canned Soup Really – You can probably guess I’m not a fan of Campbell’s chicken with stars. Besides talking canned goods, this post offers up a few tasty soup recipes including Seinfeld’s Soup Nazi’s Crab Bisque, which is quite Primal!
Comment of the Week
I installed f.lux yesterday after reading the article!
Yesterday evening, for the first time in living memory, I spent a couple of hours on the computer, and by 9:30 p.m. I was bored with the computer and wanted to curl up with a good book in bed. By 10:00 I was ready to turn out the light. I had read years ago in “Lights Out” that sleep before midnight is worth much more than sleep after it, but never was able to get to sleep until almost midnight.
This f.lux program is WIZARD! Mark gets a real vote of thanks for mentioning it!
I’ve also decided not to watch TV after dark except on Saturday night. And I changed the reading light above my bed for a “soft white” compact fluorescent, yellower than an incandescent bulb.
-piano-doctor-lady from How Light Affects Our Sleep