Whole Foods wants you to be a vegetarian. Jimmy Moore doesn’t. In his Whole FooLs  piece, Jimmy rounds up responses from the low-carb community (including mine) on Whole Foods’ new push against meats and fats.
Half a bowl of soup? A third of a muffin? One eighth of a pop tart? Read the NY Times piece on the FDA cracking down on ridiculous serving sizes . (thanks, Ben!)
With all the Tiger Woods drama, it’s good to watch an actual inspiring golf story . (thanks, Carole)
Dora the Explorer isn’t making your kid fat. It’s the food advertisements your kid watches every time Dora takes a break from exploring. Food Renegade interrupts your regularly scheduled programming with a staggering report of commercial gluttony .
And finally, the Olympics have begun. If you you need a refresher on bobsledding and speed skating, read The Onion‘s creditable and entirely unsatirical sports guide to Team USA .
- You may remember the amazing transformation story  of Grokstar Diana Renata. Hit up Diana’s blog, The Wilderness Childe, where you’ll find a great recipe for creamy cauliflower soup .
- It’s not a pizza, it’s a Meatza! Make Justin Owing‘s Italian grandfather’s meatza pie .
- Eat This! keeps pumping out winners. This week Kelly Greco makes a chicken cordon paleo bleu . How’s that for fancy?
One year ago (February 7 – 13)
- A Visual Guide to Peppers  – Can’t tell a poblano from a serrano? This guide contains pictures and descriptions of ten tasty peppers you’ll find at your local market.
- The Dirt on Dirt  – No need to start slamming down mud pies by the dozen; but it turns out when kids eat dirt they are actually ingesting bacteria which spur the development of their immune systems. So get a little dirty!
Comment of the Week
Being sexy is a full-time job, and there ain’t NO vacation or overtime pay.
-Gabe from Mirror, Mirror On the Wall