Atlas Stoned? Learn how to make your very own giant ball of cement at Wilderness Sports Conditioning. Use it for strength training or for crushing small enemies.
Get your fill of dirt, bugs, and shoe leather over at Mental Floss with their no-budget diner’s guide.
Nutria is not a new brand of artificial sweetener; it’s actually a large rodent. And you can trap them and eat them any time you want. Warning: Video is NSFV (not suitable for vegetarians).
These fun facts are not fun. They are scary, possibly downright terrifying.
Best Posts of November, 2009
- Why Grains are Unhealthy
- Life, Rare and Fragile
- The Vegetarian Myth
- Coca-Cola Cares About Your Health
- Diet as Dogma
- Zen to Fitness has some cozy winter breakfast recipes.
- Remember Girl Gone Primal‘s walnut balls? Well, she fills out her Primal Christmas dessert plate this week with choc-cherry tarts and cherry ripe bites.
One year ago (November 29 – December 5)
- Study Spotlight: The Mood Diet – If you liked this week’s Marlboro parody post, you’ll enjoy my riff on crazy diet fads. Because ridiculous beliefs about eating never seem to go out of fashion.
- Cowpooling: Share a Side – Cowpooling is the practice of grouping together with your neighbors, family, or coworkers to buy an entire cow (butchered). It’s a great way to save money on high quality beef.
And finally, I’m thinking of ending my link love with a “Comment of the Week.” Just a fun, informative, weird, or generally notable reader comment made in the past seven days. Here goes…
Comment of the Week
All I know is I’ve been primal for about six weeks now and every time I go by the mirror, I say to myself who is that young thin faced good looking bastard. Wife loves it too. The sex is much better too. primal love, nothing better, except of course more primal love. Grok on primal brothers and sisters. – Dan Lange on Forging Your Own Genetic Destiny.