Meatonnaise, mayonnaise made from meat fat. Is it possible? Serious Eats attempts to turn mayo-fantasy into reality by creating mayonnaise using beef, duck, and lamb fat . Read the post and you may even catch a glimpse of the fabled mayo-unicorn, baconnaise. (thanks, double_t !)
Kellogg is scared of the swine flu. Or more accurately, they’re scared of consumers lashing out against their odious marketing tactics…  (thanks Dan, and here’s a pic of Kellogg at their worst )
I’ll stop lambasting The Biggest Loser when they stop making it so easy… most recently they’ve backed a contraption of spectacular, unnatural movement that looks like the bastard offspring between an elliptical machine and a tricycle. I don’t know what’s worse about this Street Strider commercial , the looks of forced glee on the faces of contestants trying it out, or a fitness model using McDonald’s “I’m lovin’ it” slogan to describe the one-use-before-collecting-dust-in-garage device.
For a touch of the weird, The Great Fitness Experiment explores EFT, or “emotional freedom techniques ” that involve thumping your own face to fight sugar cravings. Absolute malarkey or legitimate strategy? Read and discuss.
I think Andy Sandberg might be onto something with his treatment of energy drinks and birthday cake… 
Primal Recipe Corner
- Try Free the Animal‘s updated Coconut Milk Chicken Mole , because nothing goes better with chocolate and coconut than poultry.
- Here’s a simple Chipotle chicken  recipe hidden in the forum of the Diet Blog.
Best Posts of October, 2009
That’s right, I’m bringing back my “Best of the previous month ” feature. Catch up on some good stuff.
- Dear Mark: How to Politely Pass on Dessert 
- Bodyweight Exercises and Injury Prevention 
- How to Maintain Muscle While Losing Weight 
- How to Improve Your Posture 
- How to Strengthen Your (Bare, Flat) Feet 
- Choose Your Booze: A Guide to Healthy Drinking 
- You Might Want to Sit Down for This 
One Year Ago (November 2 – 8, 2008)
- Muscle Building and Carbs  – Is carb cramming to gain muscle good advice or just more conventional wisdom? This post outlines the role carbs play in weight lifting and strength training.
- Snack Solutions: Primal Alternatives for Non-Primal Snacks  – There are healthy versions of chips, trail mix, candy, and fruit roll-ups, all using Primal foods like eggplant, blueberries, and apples.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize  – A Swedish scientist discovers that many skin creams actually dry out skin in long run. Find out whether you should ditch lotions altogether or just use the right ones.
And finally, Coke will harm you any way it can .