I’ll be giving a talk on food and recovery from addiction at the Recover 2.0 Online Conference. Sign up! It’s free, runs February 17-21, and features dozens of recovery experts.
Research of the Week
Bitter rivals LDL and fish oil combine to fight liver cancer (in the lab).
A single concussion increases the risk of suicide.
Scientists have discovered neural pathways that react uniquely and exclusively to music.
If a bear eats you, there’s a 50% chance it was your fault.
Just 14 days of bed rest induces robust atrophy of skeletal muscle in middle-aged adults.
Industrial-scale fish fermentation goes back at least 9000 years (to the south of Sweden).
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 106: Bethany Hamilton: Host Elle Russ hangs out with Bethany Hamilton, who, after losing an arm to a tiger shark at age 13, went on to become a national surfing champion at age 14. She’s a mother, a speaker, and, yes, a surfer who learned to channel what was by most accounts a terrible tragedy into something beautiful and uplifting.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- Nootropics: Brain Enhancers, Smart Drugs, or Empty Hype?
- Should You Favor Time or Money?
- How to Create Your Own Active Workstation
Interesting Blog Posts
Ghosts within us: how human evolution is more muddy delta than branching tree.
This is not satire.
Will the new dietary guidelines just make us even fatter?
Are Australian birds of prey spreading fire to scare tasty critters from their hiding places?
Hmm. Apologies to any pug owners.
More reasons to avoid heart disease.
The UAE gets a minister of happiness.
Could mushroom-based biopesticides replace synthetic ones?
- Salsa verde slow cooker chicken: because chicken breasts can get boring.
- These Indian lamb shanks may not be the most authentic, but they’re good.
One year ago (Feb 16 – Feb 22)
- 6 Foreign Health Concepts From Around the Globe – What are other people doing that you may be missing?
- Why is Regaining Weight So Common? – Weight loss is pretty easy. Keeping it off is hard. Why?
Comment of the Week
Great, I always start the day with some cups of coffee, krill oil, and a pipe or two of tobacco. Now, if only I could remember why I do this
– You do read this blog, though, so the nootropics are probably working.