Research of the Week
Low cholesterol, especially LDL and HDL, predicts increased suicidality.
Trail running quells anxious rumination.
Dunbar’s number persists into our social media networks.
Catch-up sleep (2 days at 9.7 hours per night) on the weekend can offset sleep deprivation during the week (4 days at 4.3 hours per night).
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 103: Aerobic Base Building with Brad Kearns: In this quick episode, host Brad Kearns discusses the most ignored and most important component of any endurance training regimen—building the aerobic base.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- How to Personalize Primal Blueprint Fitness
- This Is Your Brain on Bugs: How Gut Bacteria Affect Mental Health
- Dear Mark: Bone Broth Edition
- 8 Kitchen Hacks Every Primal Cook Should Know
Interesting Blog Posts
Can paleo actually save the environment?
Weighted blankets are helping veterans get back to sleep.
Chris Pratt’s Game Plan diet, with a little wiggle room.
Bernie Sanders was “Paleo before Paleo was a thing.”
There’s a cauliflower shortage.
Think Amazon carries this?
Prospective parents: don’t give your infant vegan almond milk formula. He might get scurvy.
Fairy tales go way back.
A Bay Area school district is the first with all-organic, GMO-free cafeterias. Of course it’s Marin County.
- Sometimes you just need a big bowl of meat, veggies, and sweet potatoes.
- Tender brisket, broth-based mushroom gravy: it doesn’t get much better than that.
One year ago (Jan 26 – Feb 1)
- Dear Mark: More of Your 21-Day Challenge Questions Answered – You asked, I answered.
- Weekend Link Love – In case you missed this one.
Comment of the Week
Tried to take the test at the bottom of the boredom article. I quit after the second screen. Got bored.
– It happens, Derek.