Research of the Week
Children exposed to bright light in the afternoon are slimmer than children exposed earlier. This one surprised me. I may have to chew on it a bit.
Saying “some other time” instead of “no, never” in response to temptation reduces consumption of said temptation in the immediate moment and over time.
Some mosquito species have evolved to love how we smell (and use us as their sole food source).
Obesity increases prostate tumor aggression.
Having more children could slow biological aging in women, according to a study. Or, women who age more slowly are healthier, more fertile, and better able to support the growth of multiple humans in their wombs.
“You know what would help that stroke? Another stroke.”
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 102: 115 Things Endurance Athletes Need to Know: Host and Primal Endurance co-author Brad Kearns details 115 tips, tricks, and hints every Primal endurance athlete needs to know to perform and stay healthy.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- How to Discover Your Hidden Obstacles to Primal Success
- 5 Ways to Achieve Your Health Goals in 2016
- The Definitive Guide to Using Your Recent Ancestry to Determine Your Optimal Diet
- The Annual Primal Blueprint 21-Day Challenge Begins Next Week! (and Here’s How to Prepare)
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Primal Endurance Podcast.
Interesting Blog Posts
Release the IT band (no foam roller-induced agony necessary).
The coolest upcoming health and fitness tech Sid Shah saw at CES 2016.
US national parks are free for 16 days this year, starting with tomorrow.
I made the Greatist 100 most influential health and fitness people (again), along with Robb Wolf, Abel James, Gary Taubes, K-Starr, and Michelle Tam. Great company.
The complete visual guide to pork cuts and bits.
Support psychedelic research, find out if magic mushrooms can fight depression.
5 minute squat battle: cyclist vs powerlifter vs strongman.
This standing desk costs $25. It’s cardboard, but so what?
The more things change, the more things stay the same.
The (non)evolution of the mortar and pestle.
Plants need blue light, and they’ll activate growth genes to find it.
Hark! The triumphant return of the incandescent bulb is upon us (and they’re more efficient than LEDs!).
That’s one way to ease the pressure of modern life.
12 year-olds on summer vacation everywhere beg to differ.
- I’m gonna be honest here: I pretty much just chose this admittedly delicious salad because it contains “porkitos.”
- Pork and cooked apples really do work well together. The walnut crust on the pig meat doesn’t hurt.
One year ago (Jan 19 – Jan 25)
- 11 Ways to Assess Your True Fitness Level – How fit are you, really?
- I Think Therefore I Do – I’m pretty sure Descartes was Primal.
Comment of the Week
nothing like a stomach flu to kick off a health challenge…
– Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, it should help with the purging.