Episode #25 of The Primal Blueprint Podcast is now live. Host Brad Kearns and I talk to Dr. Ron Sinha (author of The South Asian Health Solution) about his battle to change the position of the mainstream medical community on dietary fat and cholesterol and help them realize the roles of stress, inactivity, and high insulin in heart disease. It’s certainly hard fought, but he’s working from the inside and has as good a shot as anyone. If you have any ideas for future podcasts, please let us know by using the blue “Submit a Question” button in the sidebar!
If you know someone who could use a lifestyle overhaul but hasn’t the time or inclination to read, the perfect solution is now available: the Audible audiobook version of the bestselling The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation.
Research of the Week
Although we primarily tout it for its nutrient density, chicken liver also increases endogenous antioxidant capacities in those who eat it.
Fecal analysis confirms that Neanderthals ate a diet of mostly animals with some vegetation.
Some athletes may be eating so many carbohydrates that they inhibit the training effect.
Interesting Blog Posts
If you were to ask the human body, folic acid really isn’t the same as folate.
A fairly complete guide to storing produce of almost every kind.
Are we aging faster than we should? According to Dr. Ron, the answer is a resounding “yes.”
Consumers are more interested in no- and low-sugar products than no- and low-fat products. A good sign.
Patients with multiple sclerosis are increasingly turning to “paleo-type” diets to manage their condition.
I recently gave my take on the healthiest, easiest way to lose weight and feel great.
The American continents once hosted an incredible number of indigenous tribes.
This video blew my mind and changed how I look at butter forever.
Tabless Thursdays sounds way better than Meatless Mondays.
How to make doctors irrelevant (it involves a Primal way of eating).
- Pizza for breakfast? Yes, and it’s grain-free.
- Fish out that neglected jar of shrimp paste you bought on a whim from the fridge and make this incredible dish: sambal terung, Malaysian roasted eggplant with chili sauce.
One year ago (June 29 – July 5)
- 5 Things I Still Struggle With – I’m far from perfect. Here’s what I’m still working on.
- Why You Should Let Yourself Succeed and Go Get the Life You Want – It’s obvious why you should do that (it will make you happy and fulfilled), but here’s why it’s so important.
Comment of the Week
I get dirty every day in the garden, but I stopped having dirt smoothies b/c I found out that soil has giardias in it sometimes. I don’t know how common this is, but giardias are not just in lakes and streams.
- In case it wasn’t clear, I was kidding about the soil smoothies. Though I suspect it could be therapeutic or helpful in some cases to consciously eat dirt, it’s too risky for precisely this reason.