My PALEOCON talk – The New Low Carb Paradigm: The Future of Endurance Training – is almost here. Check it out for free this Wednesday the 5th.
Check out this preview video of the PALEOCON behind the scenes look at Hu Kitchen, the Primal/paleo NYC restaurant making waves in the industry.
I’m speaking at the February 7th LA premier of Cereal Killers, and I’m giving away two pairs of tickets: one pair to the February 7th showing and one pair to the February 4th showing (which I will not be attending). For a chance to win a pair of free tickets, leave a comment expressing interest. Winners will be randomly chosen.
Primal Blueprint Podcast News
- Episode #4 is now available.
- All episodes are on the Primal Blueprint YouTube channel. You can subscribe to the channel, so you don’t miss an episode.
- It’s also now available on Stitcher for those of you that requested this.
- If you’ve liked what we’ve done so far, consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks!
Thanks to all the listeners for making The Primal Blueprint Podcast the #1 Health podcast on iTunes last week!
Research of the Week
A new open-access review explains how manipulating carbohydrate and/or calorie intake can make radiation therapy more effective against tumors.
Have you eaten salmon spine lately? It’s better than just taking fish oil at reducing inflammation in colitis.
Even if you get enough sleep, messing with your circadian rhythm increases insulin resistance and inflammation.
Interesting Blog Posts
Before you take that pill to lower your risk of something or other by some impressive sounding percentage, let Dr. Eades explain to you the difference between relative risk and absolute risk.
These paleo kids lunches make me wish I was in 2nd grade.
It’s good to see someone (especially a dietitian) change their tune when presented with undeniable evidence.
Zoo elephants are fat. To combat this, an elephant conservation group is planning a “near-wild” preserve to, well, preserve the elephants’ ancestral ways of life.
I wonder how much of this is driven by our nation’s collective, insatiable desire for Sriracha.
The majority of antibiotics used in animal feed are likely contributing to the rise of antibiotic resistant bacterial infections in humans.
Other than pinpointing weaknesses in the Death Star, this is maybe the best use of hologram technology I’ve ever seen.
A New Zealand school’s decision to instate unstructured playground play without any rules eliminated bullying and resulted in a “surprising” lack of bedlam and broken bones.
This is a cool challenge: Squat 30 minutes a day for 30 days.
- Parsnips don’t get a lot of play, but adding some curry powder and roasting the heck out of them renders them incredibly delicious.
- Movie theaters really need to start serving popcorn made of ground beef.
One year ago (Feb 3 – Feb 9)
- How to Incorporate the Primal Blueprint into a Busy Family and Work Life – It’s one thing to read about this stuff. It’s an entirely different thing to put it into practice in the real world.
- Push-ups: The Perfect Primal Exercise – There’s really no excuse for not doing a few sets of pushups every now and then, especially given the benefits.
Comment of the Week
I successfully managed all 5 tests simply by falling down the stairs.
– That’s one way to do it.