PALEOCON is here! Have you registered yet? It’s got 25+ awesome interviews with the top Paleo experts (myself included), behind the scenes at Paleo restaurants, and much more - check it out here.
Primal Blueprint Podcast news:
- Episode #3 is now available.
- All episodes are now up on the Primal Blueprint YouTube channel. You can subscribe to the channel, so you don’t miss an episode.
- It’s also now available on Stitcher for those of you that requested this.
- If you’ve liked what we’ve done so far, consider leaving a review on iTunes. Thanks!
Research of the Week
A new open-access review explains how manipulating carbohydrate and/or calorie intake can make radiation therapy more effective against tumors.
Got European, Asian, African ancestry? Better hope your gut flora do, too. A recent study finds that H. pylori may only be a pathogen if it did not co-evolve with its host.
Whadya know: converting 10-20% of cropland to prairie grassland can actually reduce erosion and runoff by 90-95%. Sounds familiar, right?
Interesting Blog Posts
When it comes to premies, a mother’s touch has beneficial effects ten years down the line.
Are the hypothyroid-like symptoms people report on low carb due to low carb or low calorie?
Are we underestimating the energetic cost of exercises like pullups, pushups, and squats? Seems we are - by about 50%.
Medicine or mass murder? I guess some mistakes were made. What else have they gotten wrong?
I’m all for eating more gelatin and reducing your sugar intake, but… wow.
Everyone knows how that one song can catapult you back in time to past memories. Watch it happen here in a patient with severe Alzheimer’s.
Do the brains of elderly people only slow down because they’re processing so much knowledge and wisdom - data, essentially?
Sign up for the En*theos Conference, a series of 22 talks on health, diet, and lifestyle optimization, including one I did with Jonathan Bailor on calorie counting and Primal eating (check out his new book while you’re at it).
This seems like a decent enough training program, but I mostly just liked its name: broga.
The microbial communities living in hunter-gatherer guts look very differently from ours.
Consider tossing a couple bucks toward this documentary about the real ancestral Hawaiian diet.
I’m a big fan of Blade Runner, but I don’t necessarily want to live in that world.
- Meatloaf with a South African (and Primal) twist: bobotie. Your belly will like it.
- You should make this frittata with smoked salmon and green onion sauce.
One year ago (Jan 27 – Feb 2)
- 10 Ways to Make Your Workplace Healthier and More Productive – When health is optimized, productivity increases. Who knew?
- Why You Should Wear (or Carry) Your Baby (at Least Some of the Time) – The health benefits of carrying and/or wearing your baby – for you and for the kid.
Comment of the Week
Despite being a Sacramento Kings fan, I no longer hate the Lakers and even Kobe.
- Man, after what the Lakers and Kobe have done to you guys, I’m impressed!