We’ve got new dates for the Primal Blueprint Luxury Retreat : February 6-9. Space is limited, so get on it!
Research of the Week
Dogs and babies do mix, at least if you’re interested in preventing asthma and allergies . Results may not apply to those owned by silly people who never let their dogs outside.
It looks like sucralose, the artificial sweetener behind Splenda, is anything but inert and harmless, according to a new review  from the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health.
Instead of giving statins to everyone over 50 years to protect their heart, you could just prescribe an apple a day and get comparable results  without the muscle pain, rhabdo, cognitive decline and diabetes often caused by the drug.
Interesting Blog Posts
How a fat-adapted endurance athlete wearing minimalist shoes broke a long standing ultra-endurance record  while eating a mostly Primal, carb-cycling diet.
Birthday Shoes just reviewed the hottest, newest minimalist shoe  currently on the market. Luckily, these won’t sell out.
Speaking of apples, they appear to be a highly underrated fruit  on the health front.
Meet Fred Kummerow , the hipster nutrition researcher who was warning everyone about the dangers of trans-fats before it was cool. His formerly unpopular stance now widely accepted, he’s now turned his ire toward industrial seed oils.
Drug-resistant bacteria are present on about half of America’s chicken breasts .
A school in Melbourne is now offering a “standing classroom ” where students can stand or sit at height-adjustable desks.
Satire or Serious?
Dump your extra virgin olive oil, folks. Corn oil is way, way better for you . Good to hear. There’s nothing quite like drizzling corn oil over fresh baby greens, beets, and goat cheese with lemon juice, or taking a little sip straight from the bottle when no one’s watching just to swirl those corn sterols around and savor the pleasant lack of depth.
How wearing a mushroom burial suit to your grave can reduce the dissemination of all the industrial and commercial pollution you’ve accumulated throughout life into the environment. Watch the video  and whatever you do, don’t become a cannibal.
If you’re gonna chop wood, you better do it right. This is how .
Can sunlight exposure and vitamin D deficiency explain  the seemingly inevitable triumph of good over evil in The Hobbit? The only glaring omission I noticed was the failure to control for beards and fur.
When it comes to food cravings, sugar content takes precedence over fat content .
- In case you were wondering what to do with the bottle of fish sauce I convinced you to buy, try Thai beef burgers with smashed avocado  as a nice easy introduction.
- I don’t believe I’ve ever had an Indian dish that featured pork. Here’s one: Boti Gosht .
One year ago (Dec 22 – Dec 28)
- 21 Simple Things to Do to Prepare for a Successful 2013  – Although you may not want to think about how the next year is already upon us (is it Christmas, already?), you can take a few simple steps to improve your life and your chances. Note: these work well for 2014 (and subsequent years).
- Primal Actualization: Realizing Your Inner Potential  – Why – and, kinda, how – you should get fully engaged with life, whatever you mean when you say that word.
Comment of the Week
The nutritional niche research article was fantastic, and free-to-access!
I especially like this part:
“… the high lipid content of brains including macaque and hominins is also a potential driving force for the crushing of skulls and consumption of brain grey and white matter.”
At last, my hobby has been justified by evolutionary science!
– I appreciated that part , too. What’s your favorite, the grey matter or the white matter? I like grey.