We’ve got another Primal Blueprint Transformation Seminar date lined up. Mike DiLandro will holding a 2 1/2 hour presentation in Huntington, NY on Saturday, January 18. You can learn all about the seminar and get your tickets here.
Research of the Week
Next time your baby is sick and you can’t sleep from worrying, know that this is a necessary byproduct of an infant immune system purposefully weakened in order to let good gut flora flourish. It’ll pay off in the long run, parents.
They’ve just discovered an extra ligament on the anterior portion of the human knee previously unbeknownst to scientists (except for a 19th century French surgeon who postulated its existence).
Interesting Blog Posts
Here are eight ways to run yourself into the ground (in a good way) using sprints. Exercise caution; these are some serious workouts.
Our kids are missing out on play en masse, and it’s destroying their (and our) creativity, inventiveness, and ability (and desire) to learn.
Are humans natural polymaths? If so, maybe some of that play mentioned in the last article would help us realize our polymathic heritage.
I’m no trans-fat fan, but I believe this move by the FDA sets a dangerous precedent for other vilified nutrients.
This is a cool infographic about the health effects of grains to send around.
Mexican coke is no longer a health tonic: they’re switching out the cane sugar for high fructose corn syrup.
People are attaching electrodes to their heads, running currents through their brains, and getting marked and measurable benefits to their cognition, depression, and cravings.
- Man, does this look good: slow roasted lamb ribs with jalapeño mint sauce.
- Haul out that beef tongue taking up space in the freezer, hook up the slow cooker, get your other ingredients together, and make some slow cooked beef tongue.
One year ago (Nov 10 – Nov 16)
- Do We Need Rites of Passage? – Are formal rites of passage into adulthood (or some other stage of life) an integral aspect of ancestral health that we’re missing out on to our ultimate detriment?
- 7 Ways You Might Be Inadvertently Sabotaging a Good Night’s Sleep – Sleep is pretty important, so don’t do these things that impede it.
Comment of the Week
To clear up any confusion, the point of my response was that if you’re losing muscle, you’re walking too much. Anytime you’re using walking as your only exercise and you’re sitting in a large chronic caloric deficit (the guy was down 7k calories a week), you’re going to burn lean mass.
Otherwise, walk all you want.
- Just in case anyone was considering hanging up their Vibrams for good.