With the 2013 Primal Blueprint 21-Day Challenge in full swing, Weekend Link Love will be focusing on links relevant and related to the Challenge for the next few weeks to help you guys succeed. Let’s get to it!
If you’re like most people, part of your Primal Blueprint Challenge is to eat Primal and avoid unhealthy food. Well, a new study suggests that you should probably be getting plenty of sleep, as sleep deprivation heightened the neuronal reward associated with unhealthy food in normal-weight people.
Many hold the supposed power of financial motivation in high esteem. People are liable to do just about anything for money, or so the story goes. But a recent study finds that when it comes to motivating healthy lifestyle modifications like reduced sedentary screen time and more vegetable consumption, using money can actually have the opposite effect (PDF).
Helpful Blog Posts
Dr. Emily Deans explains the five stages of change. Sound familiar to any of you?
Contest Sponsor Discounts
Want inexpensive (but not cheap) grass-fed meat? Tendergrass Farms has kindly provided a discount coupon for all Mark’s Daily Apple readers. During checkout, use NICE2MEATU to receive 15% off your entire order. This offer is good until 10/17/13.
Ever worked out with a dedicated training sandbag? Now’s your chance: at Ultimate Sandbag use promo code primalusb to receive 15% off any purchase through 10/31/13.
Tight muscles? Knotted-up gristly fascia that’s inhibiting your movement and sucking your will to live? Try a Radroller, and be sure to use the code MDAROLLER for 20% off your order. This one lasts for the duration of the challenge.
The Sling Trainer from Aerobis is one of the best, most versatile training tools available that you can take with you anywhere – and until 10/15/13, MDA2013 will get you 15% off your whole order.
- I imagine a lot of you are eating Big Ass Salads (or salads with more modestly sized derrieres) on a regular basis throughout the Challenge, and you need a good go-to dressing that isn’t olive oil and vinegar. Try this paleo ranch dressing.
- Looking for something to sip on during the Challenge? Look no further than Delicious Obsessions, who recently published a series of DIY Herbal Tea recipes using adaptogenic herbs that help you deal with stress and “adapt” to challenging situations.
One year ago (Sept 22 – Sept 28)
- Contest Poll: 2012 Primal Blueprint Workout Videos – Some great examples of workouts from last year that you can do this year, including the winning entries.
- Contest Results: What Does It Mean to Be a Primal Family? – This is a big, big tribe. See what they look like, where they hail from, and what they do together.
Comment of the Week
I forgot to write that by becoming a source, people will gravitate to you. Refer them to MDA and talk about posts. Co-workers are good people to start with. At least this has been my experience. A few will change their eating habits permanently. Some will dabble and fail. A few is better than none.
– Great tips from Paleo Bon Rurgundy. His previous comment on the post was even better, just too long for the comment of week. Go read it, too.